𝟷𝟶

╔═══════════════╗
The Secret
10
Apology
╚═══════════════╝

As Chris woke up next to Lacey he noticed that him and Gordie were the only two up. He propped his head up with his left arm and wrapped his arm around Lacey. He kissed her forehead and looked over at Gordie.

"Hey Gordo, what are you doing up so early?" Chris whispered to the boy.

"I don't know I just got up I guess." Gordie whispered back looking at Chris.

"Gordie, do you really think I could get into the college courses?"

"Well yeah! Why wouldn't you be able to?" Gordie asked.

"Well I was telling Lacey about it last night. It's just the way people think of me in this shitty town." Chris explained.

"And lemme guess Lacey told you that it's not true."

"Yeah."

"You know why she said that?" Gordie asked.

"Why?"

"Because it's not Chris. She loves you and she knows you Chris. She knows what we all do, that your able to get into the college courses with us." Gordie paused and looked at him. "Chris you know that Lacey wants what's best for you and I think that you should go with us."

"Okay, I'll go." Chris said smiling at Gordie as Lacey started to stur.

"Morning Chris." She said as she gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Good morning Lace."

"Hey Gordo is up." Lacey said as she looked over at the boy who had been quietly packing up his stuff.

"Good morning Lacey." Gordie said as he looked at her.

"Good morning to you to weirdo." She said laughing. As she continued to laugh the train passed by making everyone wake up. "I'm gonna go get dressed okay." Lacey said as she grabbed her clothes and walked over behind a tree. As she got dressed Teddy full woke up and noticed that she wasn't there.

"Hey where's Lacey?" The boy with glasses asked.

"I think she went to get changed." Gordie said as he looked at Chris.

"Nice! Who wants to go sneak a look?" Teddy asked as he got up to go look at her.

"Hey man come one, don't do that to her." Chris said trying to persuade him not to.

"Awe come on Chambers you can come with." Teddy said as he began to walk over to where she was. Chris quickly pulled him back.

"Come on man that's my girl your talking about." Chris said as he looked at Teddy.

"What are you talkin' about Chambers?" Teddy asked confused.

"That's my girl Duchamp." Chris said pushing Teddy.

"Don't push me asshole!" Teddy yelled as he pushed Chris back. "How could you do that to me man? You knew I liked her."

"Teddy really it's not that big of a deal." Chris said.

"How long have you two been together?"

"Since April, after Denny's funeral." Chris said as he looked at Teddy who was pissed.

"Fuck you Chris." Teddy said as he began to try and fight Chris.

"What the fuck is happening!" Lacey yelled as she got in between the two fighting.

"I don't know Lacey maybe it's the fact that I just found out that you have been whoring around with Chris this whole time!" Teddy yelled at the girl.

"What the fuck did you just say to me!" She paused. "I'm sorry that your upset that I could never love you the way I love Chris but you don't need to call me a whore!" She yelled at Teddy who stood there in shock. "Ya know Teddy this is exactly why I don't like you that way, because your a self-conceded dick who only think of girls as something to stare at!" She said as grabbed Chris and her stuff and pulled Chris along the train tracks with her. Before she could leave though she turned around and looked at Teddy.

"Ya know, after everything anyone has ever said to me in this town, I never thought that you out of all people would say that I'm 'whoring around'. So Fuck off Teddy!" She said as her and Chris walked "what a fucking dick." Lacey mumbled under her breath as her and Chris walked.

"Lacey he's just upset, you gotta give him some time to cool down." Chris said as they continued to walk with there friends not far behind them.

"Still he didn't have to be a dick to me." She paused and stopped looking at Chris. "He didn't need to call me a whore." She said as with tears in her eyes.

"I know what your thinking Lace and don't you dare think that! Your not a whore Lacey, your not a slut, your not a druggie or a delinquent." He brought Lacey into a hug and looked at her. "I love you Lacey, I love you so goddamn much!" He said as he kissed her. While they kissed Teddy, Vern and Gordie walked behind them.

"It's not fair." Teddy said as he looked at the two kissing.

"Teddy you didn't actually think she would like you, right? I mean you kinda treat her like a piece of meat." Vern said to him.

"I do not!" Teddy said in disagreement.

"Teddy two weeks ago when she was walking home you literally said that you would 'bang the shit out of her'." Gordie said.

"Yeah Teddy and you also always talk about her tits." Vern said as he looked at the ground. "Teddy..maybe you should apologize to her."

"What is there for me to apologize for! I told her the truth!"

"I can't be near you! Your an asshole Teddy, she was right! For gods sake Teddy she is our best friend and you just called her a fucking whore! For what? Being with a boy that she loves rather than someone that would just toss her around!" Gordie said as he stormed off to where Chris and Lacey were. "Teddy is a dick."

"Tell me about it." Lacey said. "What did you say to him?"

"I told him to apologize and he literally asked me why he should." Gordie said with anger.

"Jesus Christ he's an asshole." Lacey said as they continued to walk.

• • •

After a little while the tension finally went away Teddy came running up to where Chris, Lacey, and Gordie.

"What do you want asshole!" Lacey spat as she looked at him.

"Ok I deserve that, but Lace just here me out." He said looking at her with sympathy.

"Don't call me 'Lace'."

"Ok Sorry, also I'm sorry for calling you a whore." He paused. "I was angry and I was jealous, and I wasn't thinking. I'm really sorry Lacey, your my best friend and I know you and I know that you're not a whore." He said as he looked at the girl. Lacey let go of Chris' hand and punched Teddy square in the nose.

"What the fuck Lacey I'm trying to apologize!" He yelled holding his nose as a little blood dripping out of it.

"Your forgiven dipshit. But if you ever call me a whore or stare at my ass again I will do a lot worse than punch you in the nose." She said smirking at him.

"Point taken Lacey, skin it." Teddy said as he held his hand. Lacey quickly did there hand shake and smiled at the boy.

"Come on idiot we gotta hurry if we wanna see this dead kid."