messy little heart

< perspective: Moomin >

It had been 3 weeks since the dreaded farewell to his best friend, and Moomintroll had his head sulked in his room for about half of it. Not even Moominmama's pancakes could cheer him up.  

Moomin just couldn't stop thinking of him. From sitting on the bridge on icy cold mornings, to seeing his lone, empty tent flowing, mocking Moomin for his feelings.

Except, what were  Moomin's feelings? He's always loved and cared for Snufkin--but nothing more then a friendship. What if--??

"Moomin!" 

Hearing his name called, he jumped, only to find Little My chuckling behind the bushes.

"Jeez Moomin, you're very jumpy today!" My noticed, still snickering a titch. 

"Ugh, go away Little My," Moomin sneered. He had no energy to deal with her at the moment. 

Moomin then stormed into Snufkin's tent. Realizing what he just did even shocked himself. As he laid in the sleeping bag, unmoving, a strange shape caught Moomin's eyes. He shifted slightly, and grasped the mysterious folded idem in his paws. It was a note!

Curiosity took over Moomintroll as he tore it open. Glancing at it only a bit, his face shrunk a little.

All that was written on it was his name, with a tiny messy heart filling up the next space.