Chapter 17. The glass with which you look.

Once she made sure that Sans had disappeared, Frisk ran to her bathroom in order to look at herself in a mirror with urgency.

The one who looked back at her, was a young girl, curiously well groomed wearing a cosplay and with a face full of worry. She opened her eyes as wide as possible to observe by herself the color of her iris, but the light brown color of her eyeballs was intact. She sighed relaxed to see her natural color on them, but she kept still contemplating her own reflection waiting for something else.

Despite everything, it's stills her.

"Days without knowing about you, and this is how you show yourself?" She complained to her own reflection, giving the message to someone else "I've been calling you, why didn't you appear?"

She stood still for many minutes in silence, waiting, but nobody answered. Frisk saw how her own reflection was showing her anguish. No, the things that the first human showed at her weren't funny at all, but part of her was kind of relieved to know that she still had a connection with her to fulfill her promise with Flowey.

"I haven't forgotten your last words... but I still don't know what you are looking for" She continued talking to the mirror "If only you could tell me exactly what you want, we could make an agreement."

The silence started to feel awkward for her.

"Or is it just... that you just want to torture me?"

"If your torture is what I seek, then you would be suffering in agony"

Despite she didn't like her words at all, Frisk smiled satisfied to listen to her voice again. She turned on the tap water to wash away the makeup that Mettaton insisted so much to put on her, while she was waiting for another word from the first human, but after some minutes in silence, she had no doubt that it has to be her the one who must start the conversation.

"Then, what do you want from me?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm trying to make everything go back to normal"

"No more resets. I'm firm in that decision" Her reflection showed the seriousness in her words "So forget about the other routes, because from now on this will be the only one."

A singing and mocking laugh made sound inside her head making her feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Poor and innocent Frisky... Do you still naively believe that you have the control, but you don't notice the big hole that you're digging yourself. Do you really believe that you are taking the pacifist route?"

"What... do you mean?"

"Well, for start, you had to not kill anybody. And you already have killed hundreds of...freaks, right?"

The young girl almost falls of the dizziness that was caused by the horrible memory, but she could grip on the washbasin bar in time. The amalgamates...With so much stuff she has been doing recently, plus much more stuff she has to think about, she has completely forgotten about an important detail like that one. She didn't just let Alphys and Sans cover her, but she didn't even care to check on their families to see how they're doing and accompany them in their pain.

"I...I didn't.." She wanted to defend herself somehow, but now that she feels like she's the worst person in the world she couldn't get any coherent words in her mind "I didn't want... I didn't even know how I did it..."

"keep lying to yourself as long as you want, but that won't erase what you did... if you want to stay firm to not reset anymore, of course"

"I won't reset anymore. I'll look for a way to fix this, I..."