Chapter 20. The perfect plan

The alarm coming from the cellphone made an insistent sound in the room of the adoptive daughter of the king of monsters. After ringing for many minutes on the nightstand, the young girl took the cellphone very tired to turn off that annoying sound and go back to sleep. The unveiled from the party was still on her and she wanted nothing else but stay comfy in her soft bed.

Once she could go back to sleep, a farther alarm made an more insistent sound provoking the ambassador to slightly open her eyes a bit angry by the unveil. A bit regretful, she came out of bed to turn it off, so she can wake up enough to realize that is morning already, and she was the one responsible of those alarms to wake her up early.

Giving a big yawn, she stretched as much she could to feel better and then get down to work if she wants to achieve her objectives in this morning. For more she tried these past days with her father, she never could surprise him with breakfast, and being the case that there are only two days left before she has to come back to her mother and studies, she wanted to afford to achieve it in the time left.

Not caring about she has just woken up and she was completely misaligned, she came out of her room a bit hurry to start to cook before her early father would wake up. But just when she entered into the kitchen she ran into the surprise that the king fluffybuns was already there with his cup of tea on the table, but it wasn't the fact that it seemed that he hasn't even touched his drink which seemed in naked eye to be already cold what called her attention, but the fact he seemed to be lost in his thoughts which seemed to be killing him inside.

"Dad?"

Frisk approached completely worried towards the monarch, who startled a bit comic after hearing the unforeseen voice and then turned to see her a bit dismayed.

"Frisk! You're awake!" He softly massaged his temples by the notorious tiredness, but despite that he used a warm smile for his daughter "What are you doing awake? You should be sleeping, it's still nighttime."

"Actually, it's morning already..." With that sentence she got even more worried. After giving a quick check on the cup from the table, she could see that this time it was coffee instead of the tea he uses to drink the whole time "Are you ok? I've noticed you weird since yesterday."

"Don't worry, my child" He put his gigantic hand on her head in a tender way.

"You haven't slept at all, right?" She questioned him without getting rid of her worry while she took off his hand to see him better "This is not normal in you, what's really happening?"

For a moment she believed that he would try to avoid the topic to not answer to whatever is not letting him sleep, but for her surprise, the boss monster gave a big sigh like if with that he indicates that he can't face it.

"You were going to know it anyway somehow..." With a hand gesture, Asgore invited her to sit at his side and she listened to his request because she really wants to know. "Yesterday I was checking on some old papers for the next report to present with the advances and... I ran into a certain box from the past."

"What's in there?" Frisk was making an idea of what it could've been if it's killing him, but still she wanted to know it by herself.

"The last thing Toriel left me before leaving so I wouldn't go after her."

He started telling with a deep sadness reflected in his eyes, but still he had enough strength to pull out a paper from his pocket which was slightly folded and carefully handed it to her. Completely curious, Frisk took it almost immediately.

She remembered that Toriel had told her the time where they were leaving together to what was going to be their home, about the fact that she had to quit to her past life to be free and retire to never be searched again, but she never asked about what she meant by that for considering the time the less opportune moment for those questions. Now that she had the question making presence, she contemplated in her hands the answer to the unknown which she hadn't given the necessary importance in that moment.