Prologe

Where to begin, better yet how to begin.
If I didn't live it I wouldn't believe it myself.
We always thought our parents were odd, training us for a war that wasn't even heard of, let alone seen.
We had bible night every night to build our spiritual strength, dad would teach us on other things that could help protect us but we never really pay so much attention to it.
Our family is considered freaks because we still believe in the bible.
See years and I mean years ago they destroyed every bible they could.
But than one day these dog tag bibles showed up in the homes of all those who tried to stop the burning.
We are considered true soldiers in Christ.
Tho none of us really act like soldiers.
We do get picked on in school and none of the teachers stop it, they agree that we are outcasts.
A student like us could be seen being beat up in the hall, if a teacher walks by they do nothing to stop it.
Mom tried to get us homeschooled but the schools eventually put a stop to that forcing us back into their cage of torment.
Dad dose his best teaching us self defense.
Even the grade school kids are just as cruel.
My baby brother who just turned nine always came home with cuts and bruises.
We do our best sticking together to prevent getting attacked but we are separated from the youngest siblings...
I'm getting off track let me refocus on the much larger picture.
As soldiers we know a time, that the enemy plans to make himself known to all and to take us all as his prisoners...
That time has happened, those who picked on us turned to us for help.
Well not us exactly but you get the idea.
Luckily we were strong enough to fight back.
Sure lives were lost but those who survived are only getting stronger.
We all went into hiding to better train and soon we will be strong enough to defeat this once spiritual enemy.
Now I know what your thinking its a demon, must be some hideous looking creature.
Its not, they look just like us excpt taller and stonger.
The thing that helps define us from them is their burn markings on their skin.
The tattered yet very cool looking wings  are another give away.
Any who get captured now are never heard from again.
Some say they are building an army.
I don't know if that's true.
But what I do know is that soon we can no longer stay in hiding.
A law is soon to be passed that all have to receive a mark.
This mark allows us to move freely without capture, it allows us to buy and sell, sounds familiar right.
Yeah this mark is also considered the mark of slavery to those who are with the enemy.
If they do choose they could just enslave us all and do as they want with us.
Thats why a few of us decided to stay away from the large groups that are hiding.
Lucky for us we found a crazy persons bunker.
It was stalked with none parashables and clothes we were all able to make work.
We even learned how to make more clothes.
Its funny but even our bullies stuck with us for protection.
To be honest it was a good thing they helped teach us better to defend ourselves.
We call ourselves Shadow hunters.
Its actually the name all our kind calls ourselves now.
There's a rumor that a group that was established long before now, is looking for us all and that there's this city that is protected.
I do my best to find out all I can when I scout for food and what not...