Author's Note

Hello, my beautiful and witchy readers. You are either a god, a mage, a dragon, a faerie, a demon, a princess, a beast, or a mortal. Welcome to the lair of the great grand witch, Black Beauty!

So, guess who gave in to the ONC drive? Definitely this witch. This year, I was challenged by a friend of mine to write a romance; a genre unbeknownst to my kind. Well, long story short, I accepted the challenge and here I am.

'Illusions of Darkness' will be my entry for the Open Novella Contest under the Romance genre. To all my faithful readers, keep in mind that my major work at the very moment is 'Forbidden' (you should check it out), and it has my undivided attention. So, I do not promise to write a whole novella this month.

I'll, without a doubt, complete this book, but I'm not sure if I can strike the word limit with my exams and study schedule in February.

However, I promise you that you will be enjoying what I'm writing, even when it's my first time writing it. Without further ado, here are the prompts I'll be using:

• 67. Well, that was a New Year's Eve kiss you won't forget anytime soon. (Main Prompt)

• 23. They had never felt the warmth of home as they did when on stage; love radiating from the crowds.

• 13. You're in a waiting room of a clinic that promises to cure writer's block.

• 4. When something tragic happens, it's often said we lose a piece of ourselves. How far would you go to lind these lost parts of yourself in order to be whole again?

• 15. "How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?" Plato