An Issue That Needs to be Addressed

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I last addressed anyone in my rant book or made an update.

The reason is solely due to the changes that have taken place in Wattpad. A few months ago, bullying was in trend. Now, when the issue has been obliterated, there has been another issue. Now, there is the issue of sexual harassment and rape threats to the people.

A week ago, a forty-five-year-old man tried to trap me with his words and asked me to marry him. And he's not the first one, or is he the last one I've faced.

However, this isn't about him. This isn't about all the creeps, the bots that have dominated Wattpad. 

This is about something more serious than that. This is about the reason that has given these creeps the right to do what they are doing. This is about the authors swarming Wattpad. This is about their books.

Their vulgarity. Their rotten thoughts.

I've always believed that writing is more than just a word. It's an art. And when you can't teach a person with your writing, there is no meaning behind your writing.

It's useless. But everyone teaches something when they write. The sole purpose, however, is to differentiate between the classification of the moral. Is the teaching good or bad?

If it's good, it needs to be sunken into your bones. If it isn't good, it does not even deserve to exist.

In old eras, books were made thinking of the effect it might have on young minds. Those books taught us something valuable, something worth learning.

Today, however, some stereotypes have gained quite a popularity and writers feel obliged to write about the stereotypes. They don't consider the effects it might have upon the audience.

Rather, they just write whatever is popular to gain popularity for themselves too.

I've seen way too many books with millions of reads and no worth whatsoever. And you might know that I've shown my distaste towards them before and I won't be afraid to show it again.

Because they are the reason that this is taking place in the first place.

Authors have always promoted Bad Boys, Rapists, and Abusers.

For years, they have been getting more and more supporters. I see books in which the girl literally falls in love with her rapist. Her own wrongdoer.

What kind of rubbish is that? Did you ever see this happen in real life?

No. Right, I didn't either. Maybe because it does not happen. But whenever I try to raise my voice and say it's wrong, the supporters blast my comment section and tell me I'm dumb.

That what the girl is doing is the right thing to do. To fall in love with your rapist, to submit to your abuser's commands, to let a man buy you is alright.

I was told once by a girl in a comment, "Please, she should listen to her husband. That is what we are reached, to listen and do whatever we are told. Don't stop us from teaching this to everyone."

Does this need to be taught? No. This needs to be demolished.

Women are not pets. They have all the right to not be at the mercy of a man. But these books show that the bad guy is the King, while the girl is just a trashy doormat.

And this is what people are learning. When we read a book, our mind instills the teachings in it.

Boys learn to become abusers. They start to think it's the right path, that lighting a cigarette and raping girls will make them look cool.