Chapter 5

I walked into a random OB-Gyn clinic. I don't want to consult with the OB I know because there's a big chance that she will blab it to the people I know. So, here I am, waiting for my cue as I watched pregnant women come in and out of the door.

This is a small clinic. It's nothing like the huge and first class hospital I always go to. This is good, though. Going to a hospital would only trigger something in me. I can only remember how Mom and Dad looked when they were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

I can already hear Porter's voice in my head.

You need to visit the OB and find a birth control method that's perfect for you.

Damn.

I don't want to come anywhere else other than inside you.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself. Damn it. Just thinking about his words makes me this flushed and bothered. Thinking about his body makes me think of different lewd stuff.

But hell, I couldn't deny that he is hot. His deep set of eyes, his thick brows, his prominent jaw, his perfectly chiseled body...everything. The way he moans, the way he looks into my eyes when I am about to...

"Hi," the woman beside me spoke.

Startled, I looked at her and saw her smiling at me. "H-hi..." I said, stammering because I was already taken aback by her facial expression.

Fuck, did she see me fantasizing over Porter Dunn inside my head?

She smiled even wider before looking at me from head to foot. I wanted to scold her for blatantly staring at me like that. "Are you pregnant?" she asked.

My eyes widened. "What?"

She frowned. "You're not pregnant?"

I shook my head.

She sighed. "I thought you're pregnant. I was about to ask you where the father is."

There is that certain tone in her voice that draws me to her. She seemed sad about the fact that I am not pregnant.

"Are you pregnant?" I asked her.

She thinned her lips and slowly nodded.

"Wow! Congrats!" I tried to cheer her up because she seemed really down.

I don't know what her story is but the way she nodded at me made me realize how sad she is about her situation.

"I don't know...my boyfriend thinks this baby is not good and I should abort it," she replied.

My heart fell at what she just said. How cruel can her boyfriend be? A baby is a blessing so why does he want her to abort it?

Damn, are men really trash?

"I don't want to abort it so here I am...I broke up with him and faced the wrath of my parents alone," she continued and sadness and longing are all evident in her voice.

I sighed and looked at her. "What do you do?" I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled. "I am a sales representative from Sunrun," she said.

I nodded. "What does your ex man do?"

She pursed her lips in a thin line. "Nothing. He's just at home, trying to look for a suitable job for him," she replied.

What?! That man is lazy! Good riddance!

I sighed and tapped her shoulder. "Are you okay, then?" I asked her.

She smiled weakly. "I don't know. Maybe? I mean, I should be okay, right? For the baby?"

I bit my lip, not knowing what to tell her. I don't know what she's going through. I don't know the pain of her situation.