O N E

I wasn't sure exactly how I ended up in this situation.

Hands wrapped tightly around my wrists. The man before me was beyond gorgeous, like nothing I had ever seen. His eyes scanned every inch of my face as if I was an intricate puzzle he could not solve.

I bewildered him it seemed.

But why?

I was only curious of what Hell would look like, the creatures and horrors my mind conjured were far too mysterious for me to avoid. I just had to go. Sabrina meant only well when she brought me, I'm sure, but the most beautiful eyes now laid upon me and I was quite sure I was not to leave Hell unscathed.

Our chatter died the moment he— whoever he was— had stolen me away from Sabrina's side and pushed me up against the cold walls. Sabrina had a heated look on her face from the start, but whoever this beautiful man was— he had just thrown her rage over the deep end.

"You slimy little bastard! Don't touch her!" Sabrina hissed with such fire and hatred. The man didn't even flinch. Not even for a second. I was surprised, because if truth be told, ever since Sabrina had embraced her witchery and throne rights she had become a bit badass.

His soft lips parted, and for a moment our eyes connected and we held each other's gaze. I felt like I was missing something. I had to be, because whoever he was, he looked at me with such... interest.

"My queen," He whispered. His first words to me sent a cold chill down my spine. "My queen." The man whispered once more, to himself this time. He was magnificent, his voice was beautiful and deep and he was everything.

Except— what? This made no sense, how my body felt so relaxed in the presence of this stranger. My thoughts were off the chart insane because normal me would not be thinking these things. My heart was beating out of my chest, my stomach swirling with butterflies. Yet, I did not fear this man. I wanted to be near him. This had to be some side effects of being in Hell or something.

This is not like me. How can I feel this way? I let out a shaky breath, finding the strength to speak. "Release me."

"You heard her, Caliban! You better let go or I swear to you, you'll be burning and begging." Sabrina says. I look over him at her, she's red in the face with anger but she hasn't moved. She's hesitant, really. Is she afraid of him? Or maybe he has the upper hand...

He lets go of my wrists and for a moment I think to dart to Sabrina. After all, I happen to enjoy being alive and not being killed at the hands of what was probably a very handsome incubus.

And yet— I stay. Right there at his side, as he backs up and gives me space. He lingers close and doesn't allow his eyes to travel away from me.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm unconsciously suicidal or going insane. Because normal me would never be this stupid. I should be running. Probably screaming like a lunatic while I'm at it too.

"I'm okay, Sabrina. Really I am," I smiled at her as she looks at me with worried eyes. I turn to look at the stranger. I've got my courage back now that I'm away from his touch. "Caliban, I'm assuming. Thank you for releasing me, but please understand that I fully intend to punch the fuck out of you should you ever do something so abrupt to me again." I say, giving him a sweet smile and walking back to Sabrina's side.

Okay. It's officially true, I've gone insane. How did I really just say that like I'm talking to some normal human back on Earth? I probably just broke some super magical Demon law and they are going to torture me for a thousand years, or something crazy like that. Why does my mouth always speak before I can think? And why are my feelings so bipolar?

I feel so much better now that he isn't touching me. His touch was like a hazy corruption of my soul and emotions. I still feel something though, but I couldn't name these swirling emotions even if I tried.

Caliban looks at me taken aback for a moment before he smirks and chuckles to himself. He runs a hand through his hair and glances at Sabrina.

She's annoyed, a little over the edge now. We only intended to seek out a particular book in the Library of Hell, one that may help us reclaim Sabrina's throne. Whoever Caliban was, she knew him clearly and didn't like him.

"Well now, Sabrina, this is a surprise certainly. First, you practically hand me your throne," He says tauntingly, seemingly enjoying the way Sabrina's eyes light up with anger, "And now.. you bring me my soulmate? We might get along better than you thought, Sabrina." He laughs as if he did not just share some earth-shattering news.

Sabrina sputters for a second and looks at me. My eyes have practically bulged out of my eye sockets, I throw my hands up and give her a bewildered look. I wanted to scream in frustration.

This must be the man, the King of Hell— the one who stole Sabrina's throne. Maybe rightfully in the eyes of Hell, but from what Sabrina said, he could never be as good a ruler as she would be. Caliban. King of Hell...

..Soulmates?

"Stop playing around Caliban, I have no time for you or any games. Go away, and never touch her again." Sabrina says, grabbing my hand and pulling me behind her.

Caliban laughs again and shakes his head. "You false queen, I will never leave her alone." He says fiercely with his eyes locked with mine. "You," He whispers taking a step closing to us, "You are the one true queen of Hell. My queen. My soulmate. I will never let you go."

I feel nervous again.

He speaks with such a passion, I don't dare to think he is lying. Witches, goblins, all these monsters— It's far less insane, to believe soulmates exist. But even if they do, is he really my soulmate? Does everyone have soulmates? I have so many questions.

"That's it! We are leaving, let's go." Sabrina turns towards me in a huff and begins to mutter her teleportation spell. Just as she is finishing the words, Caliban grabs my hand and yanks me from her.

She's gone in a second. My heart is racing as I realize it's just me and this man— the King of Hell, I remind myself.

He smirks at me. "My mortal queen, I'm sure you've got questions and lucky for you, I have answers. All you have to do is come with me, away, where Sabrina cannot find you. She will come back any moment once she realizes you are not with her." He speaks quickly, thumb rubbing over my jawline and tracing my bottom lip.

I don't have words to say, so I listen as he continues. "I wanted you all to myself for all eternity. Yet, it seems that will be unlikely, so give me this short time before you go back. I have waited for many, many years to find you. Come with me?" He mutters, putting a hand around my waist.

I glance up into his wonderful eyes and nod slowly, "Okay, but you have to answer all my questions. No holding things back. I don't want to be in this place for long either, so when I say I wanna go you have to take me back home." I demand. I wanted answer and I damn well am going to be getting them.

He leans closer and dips his lips close to mine. My breath hitches and I pause, waiting for his next move. My cheeks feel hot and my legs feel like jelly.

He locks eyes with me as he smirks, "Anything you want. I'll give you the world, the moon, and the stars if you ask me too." I feel overwhelmed at his smooth words and the way his lips brush against mine when he speaks. I'm speechless in his presence.

"Now come." He says and leads me away. I'm helpless to his words and follow behind, my hand in his.

—————

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed please vote :)

Would you like a continuation? Or maybe a bunch of Caliban imagines instead? I would love to do it, we need more or them anyways! ;)