T W O

Two days later..

The weekend was coming to an end, it was getting late and school was tomorrow. So why was I up?

I couldn't stop thinking. Caliban. His name sent a shiver down my spine. Was he good for me, or bad? Did I really care either way?

My heart didn't seem to mind the fact that he was my best friend's enemy, but I truly was uneasy at the thought of being soulmates with someone like that.

Not to mention I barely knew him, yet this bond we had was causing me to act out of character. It freaked me out how easily the bond could change me from the independent girl I normally am, into a person who adored his touch and closeness.

I hadn't seen Caliban since that day. After he had taken me away to an office that was heavily warded, we talked for hours. I still didn't quite understand this whole soulmates thing, or what it meant for me. What scared me was that I still wanted more of whatever we had going on. In so little time, he had consumed me. I thought back to that moment before I left..

I glanced up at Caliban with curious eyes. This man was beautiful and made my head spin. His hand had found its way over mine and warm green eyes looked back into mine.

"Do you feel it?" He asked suddenly, breaking the comfortable air of silence.

I quirked my eyebrow at him. "Feel what?"

His hand left mine and he placed it tentatively over my chest, right where my heart was beating wildly. "That. The way your heart can't seem to slow down," He spoke softly, as his hand trailed up to my cheeks. "The way those butterflies are filling your stomach. How your mind seems to only be thinking of you and me. Do you feel that?" He whispered against my lips.

I felt like a jumbled mess as I nodded slowly, eyes never leaving his. My mind was afire because everything he said was true. I couldn't shake this rush in my belly or the frantic beating of my heart. How did he know?

"I- How did you know that?" I asked.

He rested his forehead in the crook of my shoulder and smiled against my skin. "I feel them too." He says.

I sigh because this was sad— how weak he made me after only such a short amount of time. My thoughts never left him or the talks we had that night.

I was shaken from my thoughts by the ringing out my phone. I ignored it this first time, and the second. Then my phone began to ping— once, twice, three times. Finally, I grabbed my phone and check it.

Sabrina.

I hadn't talked to her since Caliban had brought me back to her. She was angry, not because of the soulmate thing, in fact, I don't think she quite understood it, but because I had gone away with him. I had apologized for worrying her but when she dropped me off at my house, I dashed away like it was a run for my life. The last thing I needed at that time was to attempt to explain what Caliban had told me to her. It was all too confusing.

Hey, call me back, please.

This is important so please call me soon.

It's about Caliban.

The last one caught my attention. Caliban? What had happened this time? My phone began ringing once more, this time I answered.

"Hello?"

I hear Sabrina sigh in relief over the phone, "Oh thank god! I was afraid he had gotten to you already. I wanted to talk with you about it first." She said.

"Uhm, who? And talk about what?" I ask, slightly concerned.

"Caliban. Listen, I went back to Hell to talk with Caliban about this situation with you. I know you didn't wanna talk about it, but I needed to know what this whole soulmate thing meant. It's not a very common thing, you know? And to be honest with you," She huffed out all in one big rambling sentence, "This is great! I can have you at his side and watching over him to make sure he doesn't do anything crazy till I can take back my throne." She exclaimed as if she had the most amazing idea.

I sputtered at her words. By his side? Like as Queen of Hell? She had to have lost her mind! I wasn't going to rule anything. I like my simple life with a little touch of witchery excitement, but that didn't mean I wanted to throw myself into the thick of it.

"Wait, wait. What are you going on about, Sabrina? I'm not doing anything crazy like that." I say slightly annoyed. Who were they to decide anything for me? This is my life!

I heard a knock at my door and groaned. "I'll call you back, someone is here. This is not over!" I tell Sabrina before quickly hanging up.

I rush down the stairs at the increased knocking on the door. Lucky, our family dog, was sitting lazily by the door, watching it with interest. I stepped over him and opened the door.

"Hey." Was all he said.

Standing at my door was Caliban. He was dressed in a simple white shirt and jeans with a leather jacket, and not the elaborate Hellish outfit from the night we met. His hair was wild and beautiful. He looked beyond amazing. But I wasn't as fazed now, not now that I was heated from my conversation with Sabrina.

"Uh, hi? How did you find my house? And why are you here? If this has anything to do with whatever Sabrina was talking about, go away." I grumbled, shutting the door in his face.

He immediately knocks again. I roll my eyes, but I'm not at all upset, and smile a little before letting it fall from my face as I open the door again.

"Don't close it on me again, please, I really want to talk," Caliban says with such genuine hope, so I open the door the rest of the way to allow him in.

I motion for him to come in. "Here, come inside. My neighbor is a tattletale, she'll tell my mom if she sees a boy here." I tell him.

I shiver at the thought of my mom finding out. The grounding she'd give me would last years.

Once he is in and the door is shut I brace myself to turn around and look at him. Don't lose your cool. Don't lose your cool. I jump slightly when his hand finds my waist and he turns me around.

"Listen, I know you are human and you've got school and a life to live and so many questions, but I have waited a thousand years for something as amazing as having you to happen to me. I am willing to go though everything, just to be with you. So I ask you this," He says as he pushes the hair from my eyes, "Will you be my queen?"