🌹Chapter Eighteen🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER EIGHTEEN🌹

I'm packing up my office to head home after a long work day when a knock on my door is heard and then the door opens and Miss Scott walks inside. "Mr. Alexander Knight is here to see you. Should I send him in?" She asks and I sigh before I smile at her. "Sure" I tell her and she leaves my office and closes the door behind her.

Then not only a few seconds later the door opens and Alexander walks inside my office with a smile on his face, not a smirk like he normally has but a smile. That is very unusual for him but then again he's always been a unusual guy so it doesn't matter. "Is there anything you need, Mr. Knight?" I ask him because he can literally call.

I won't pick up but at least I will know that he has been trying to reach me. "Yes, in matter of fact there is. You see, I had an interesting chat with two gentlemen by the name of Carl and Liam Locke. I do believe you of them?" He asks and I nod, getting instantly furious by the sound of their names.

"Well, they clearly did not see the news headlines and want to take down your company which has also become mine so I have something for you" He tells me and hands me a paper file. I read over it and then I look up at him with confusion. "What is this?" I ask him, I'm angry and confused.

"This is everything you need to destroy them once and for all, also I would need you to say thank you to me for all of this and now please" He says and smirks and me while I just frown at him. But he is right. I should be thanking him for this because this literally will save my company.

"Thank you, truly I am thankful" I tell him, only stating the pure truth. He has done a lot for me which I am very grateful for but I can't stop the thoughts of him only doing it so it would benefit only himself in this thing but I must shake all those thoughts away and just think positive about this whole thing.

"You are welcome" He says and he looks very happy with this, I suppose he has been waiting for this for a long time. "You know, how about we celebrate this win by going out for dinner" He says and I freeze in my spot where I stand in front of him and my eyes instantly widen by his words and I'm taken back, really taken back.

"What?" I ask. This is not something that I had expected him to say to me but then again everything is unexpected when it comes to him. "You and me having dinner, only work related, of course because we're professionals" He says and he has this look in his eyes that I just can't resist and that makes me a little bit mad.

I sigh before I look at the ground with a blushing face. "Fine, but it has to be strictly professional or I will leave" I tell him and he nods his head. This is a very terrible idea, a very, very terrible idea. We should not be having dinner together, at least giving out history with each other, I don't think that is such a good idea.

Then again, this is to thank him. "Give me a few to gather myself and finish everything here" I tell him and he smiles at me and I can see that happiness in his eyes. "For you, I'd give you every second of the world" He whispers to me and I don't think it was meant for me to hear but I did and when I turn around I blush even harder.

Somehow there is a high school girl inside of me that is jumping with joy. I mean, I'm going to dinner with a Greek god and he's hot if I say so myself and I did sort of date him before and we have a very complicated history but that only makes the high school girl squeal with joy and happiness and I don't know what.