1

Don't be silent readers!!

_____________

There's something rather promiscuous about the scrawny little boy down the street, strolling towards Taehyung Kim's shiny, expensive car.

It's sat, solitary, visibly out of place amongst a barrage of family cars, parked end on end on the pavement opposite the local public highschool. The man's attention is deteriorating feverishly by the second, expected after a long day of treacherous work, yet his eyes never seem stray, observing every spec of him from afar.

He's a very slow walker.

Taehyung was convinced that his fluidity was intentional- or perhaps it was his sinful mind playing tricks on him again, hallucinating- seeing things in slow motion.

The way his skinny jeans pulled tightly on his thick thighs, the way his tie swung across his chest, every stretch of fabric on his arms, every gulp of his adam's apple, every flutter of his long, dark lashes, every small quirk of his pretty mouth, every bite of his lip when he'd type into his phone.

He saw everything.

He tired not to.

But when Jeongguk Jeon, in all of his glorious nonchalance, opens the door to slide into his back seat, phone glued to his hand and attention anywhere but on Taehyung Kim's existence, he can't help but avert his gaze up ahead, the man's breath hitches in his parched throat and he knows for sure that the reflection in his rear-view mirror is one that he would treasure forever.

"Taehyung." A voice speaks next to him, hazy and distant in his head. Why did it seem to be a million miles away?

Because Taehyung was a million miles away from reality... that's why.

Lisa was his reality.

And his complication.

Lisa Jeon, being Taehyung Kim's girlfriend and delving deeper into the thought of his future with her, his life ahead of whatever his life seemed to be now (rather on the pointless side of things, mind you) were the ideal circumstances of course.

Her little brother posed a massive problem, indeed.

"Yes?" He asks, annoyed. Oh, so annoyed.

"Are you going to drive, or what?" His girlfriend snaps, long manicured nails tapping away on her phone that seemed bigger than her ego.

Right.

There's a snort form behind him; Taehyung knows who it's from, he doesn't have to turn around. Lisa turns to him again with a raised eyebrow and Taheyung takes that as his signal to put his foot down on the accelerator and speed down the street.

Jeongguk is in his own little world, eyes transfixed to the outside that rolled by in a blur of colour. Taehyung felt that way a lot, everything around him collapsed into oblivion, nothing important left that he felt joy in, that he loved. Everyday, he was on a constant cycle of tedious actions, expressions, living a life that was controlled by the society that he lived in, on autopilot for the entirety of his adulthood- he missed being a teenager, he really did. He hated being grown up. He hated everything.

Except the boy in his backseat.

"Drop me off at the boutique. I need to pick up a few things, I'll get the taxi home. Make sure Ggukie gets home safely, Tae." Lisa demanded, her voice sharp through the deafening silence that filled the car. Taehyung ignored her, as per usual.

Jeongguk didn't.

"I'm not a baby." He sneered. Taehyung wanted to laugh, he loved the way he acted with his sister in comparison to the way he acted with his parents. He loved the disrespect. It was refreshing.