Chapter 1

Erma made her way through the school building as she examined her schedule to determine what her classes are. They were Language Arts, Gym Class, History, Study Hall, Science, and finally Mathematics. Promptly Erma tried to navigate her way to her first class through the crowd of other students. Something then suddenly causes her to lose balance and fell to the floor. Erma then groaned a bit from the pain as she got up.

"Hope you had a nice 'trip'." Stated a teen wearing sunglasses and a greaser style outfit as he fist bump with another teen who had a similar sense of fashion.

As Erma stood up, she gave the two greasers a deadly glare as a non-verbal threat to apologize. However, the two punks started to pretend to be scared as the teen with long hair said mockingly: "Oh! I am so scared!"

Even though that Erma wasn't the kind of person for violence, she was somewhat tempted to show the two who they were truly messing with as her hair started to flare up. Thankfully the two were spared of 'traumatic memories' as a girl with orange skin, emerald-colored eyes, and red hair walked over to the punks. The girl was wearing a purple tank top, purple mini skirt, grey boots, bracers, and a necklace with a green gemstone around her neck.

"Samuel and Cash! Why are you being so rude to this new girl?! You two should be welcoming her, not causing her to fall for your own amusement!" She shouted at the two while easily intimidating them.

"Chill Kory. We're just having fun." Replied Cash with a nervous tone. "Totally. She didn't mind." Added Sammy in an attempt to fool Kory.

Kory then crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes at them, not buying the act. "Apologise to her before I report you two." She sternly declared.

The two did so before they quickly made their way out of the area. Kory turned towards Erma as she stated sincerely: "I am very sorry about their actions. I hope this doesn't ruin your ability to enjoy your time at our school."

"Not at all. Thanks for the help. I'm Erma by the way." Replied Erma as she offered a handshake while she gave a warm smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Erma." Kory said with a cheerful tone as she shook her hand, "I am Kory Anders. I welcome you to our school." She added as she returned the smile. "By chance, would your first class happen to be the Art of Language." Asked Kory with an excited tone as she broke the handshake and clasped them together like an excited girl at a candy store.

Erma blinked in confusion a few times before asking: "Do you mean, Language Arts?" Kory nodded in response. "In that case, yes." Responded Erma.

Kory then jumped a bit in joy as she stated: "Oh Joys! That is my first class of the day as well! Come, I will show you to the Art of Language Class." Kory then promptly grabbed one of Erma's arms and zoomed to their classroom with Erma freaking out a bit along the way.

Later at Gym Class, Erma was in an intense match featuring the game of team dodge ball. She leads the blue team against the red team, being lead by a teen named Richard Grayson. Each team has fifteen players, the first team to knock out the other team wins the match. Erma was trying to have her team overwhelm Richard's team with hard and fast throws while Richard tried to strategize and come up with a plan for his team. During the first few minutes of the match, Erma's team easily knocked out most of Richard's team. However since Erma wasn't using any powers for the match, Richard was able to dodge every ball thrown at him with ease. Eventually, Richard was able to formulate a plan and began to turn the tables against Erma's team. Soon, the only team members standing on each side were Erma and Richard.

"I'm impressed that you managed to stay in the game. Most people tend to lose their traction against me. Although, if you want to knock me down. You gotta give it your all." Stated Richard with a confident tone as he tossed the ball at Erma with great force.

Erma was bearly able to dodge the incoming attack, realizing that the true battle has just begun. However, she hasn't lost a game of dodge ball in elementary school and isn't going to allow herself to take a loss now as she rushed to picked up a ball.

'Even though he's human, seems like I am going to have to put some effort into the game if I want to beat him.' Erma thought to herself as she began to tap into her ghostly powers to toss the ball with great speed towards Richard.

Richard though somehow was able to dodge the incoming ball, but just barely as he smirked in excitement. Quickly, he made his way to another ball and with a dive to dodge another attack from Erma, he lunched the ball at her. Erma tried to use her telekinesis to make the incoming ball easier to dodge, but due to not using her abilities as much as she used to, her telekinesis wasn't completely able to cause the ball to miss her. Although she wasn't out of the game yet and was determined to win. After all, no pure human would be THAT hard to beat. This was soon to be proven wrong since Richard seemed to be able to hold his own against her for quite some time as well as gave Erma a run for her money. This completely stunned Erma since she usually was able to overpower her entire class back in Blair Woods Elementary with her capabilities with ease and yet Richard seems to have experience dealing with beings that have powers that could easily one-shot him.

"Come on, Erma! Is that all you got?!" Richard shouted with a cocky smile as he threw another ball at her.

Erma promptly caught the ball that was thrown at her as she said with a smile: "Not at all, hotshot."

Her eyes began to glow with power as she prepared to throw the ball at Richard, but before she could throw it. The school bell rang, signaling that the class was over and was time to head to the next one. Her eyes promptly lost their white glow as she dropped the ball, disappointed that she didn't manage to beat Richard before time was up, but she was glad to see that an average person could hold their ground against her when she wanted to use her abilities. Erma congratulated Richard for his efforts during the match and promised him that next time that she will beat him before grabbing her bag to head to her next class, excited to see who else she would meet.