Chapter 10: Don't Touch

Treasures of the Heart

Chapter 10

Don't touch

Captain Persephone watched her ship sit on the unicorn at the head of the ship. His legs crossed and hand on either knee. Just watching them take his mother into the under area of the Bounty. He looked around at the other ships that remained motionless along the waterline. He could see their souls watching from where they were. His caretakers. The purple haired one stood along the side watching, and the one with bright blue hair on the other side watched. He knew they wouldn't let him leave the cove without them saying. Persephone knew too. It was alright. They would be safe in the cove. This was where he was created, and grew along the short lines. It wasn't until Persephone became his captain that he was able to grow much larger than his mother. With how strong they were together. Yet he watched the Bounty bob up and down in the water. He knew they weren't as strong as they needed to be. Something was wrong. Something was holding them back.

Cole looked up at the boat that had chosen to sit alongside them. Scribly writing along its aft said 'The Revenge' what were they avenging? He turned to look at his mates. Each one sitting quietly. Some even looked concerned for what was going on with their captain. He paused as he watched Echo walk by into the galley.

"Yo Glass!" Glass looked up from chopping veggies and pointed his knife at him. Echo held up his hands and walked into the under half of the ship.

"Boys a soul from a missing ship his is. I dain't see why none ya'll sees it." He threw the knife into the sink and threw the veggies into a large pot.

"Ijits I says." He yelled and smiled at Cole.

"I ain't here for nothing. Just wondering what all the yelling was about." Cole said with a chuckle. He stopped for a moment listening. He could hear it, but very faintly from where he stood.

Zareth looked down at Danny. Her soft breathing from beside him His arm ran over her long hair. Her forehead was just as pasty feeling as his own.

"Hey..." His voice was hoarse. His cheeks were pink. He reached up plucking the rum bottle from the bedside table. He was obviously drunk to help with the pain. "Danny, you okay?" He asked. Danny moaned looking up at him.

"I'm feeling everything you are." She admitted to him. He ran his finger over her hair line and removed the bandage. It looked like she would end up with a nice scar over her eye.

"Ah look at what they did to you Dannygirl." He whispered kissing her forehead.

"I'm alright. As long as you eat fairly, and..." She took the rum bottle from him and put it back on the table. "And drink better...I'll heal right up without any scars." She told him.

"Ha! Fat chance of that happening." He took the bottle back up and chugged the rest of it. "So who's the ship belong to?" He asked. Danny looked out seeing they had been surrounded by the other two ships.

"The sun is setting and they know humans sleep at night. They will watch us until we are ready to leave." She told him.

Zareth sat up.

"I'm ready ta go right now." He bellowed and stood up. A large burp escaped him and he fell forward onto his front snoring loudly. Danny sighed and shook her head.

"Bone head..."