Chapter 1

I was happy...

"Eita~ Let's stay home and cuddle. I've got a day off today and I know you do too~"

He was always by my side, always trying to make me smile...

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I wanna propose to you someday, but...we're still young, so...in the meantime...please accept this promise ring instead. I promise...to stay by your side, always. In good and in bad."

Now... We're complete strangers... And it's all my fault...

3:46 AM

The pale moonlight shone through the windows of apartment 207. It illuminated the mostly dark living room, where the TV played on low volume. The show that it was playing had long since been forgotten as a male with (h/c) hair tapped his foot impatiently on the floor. The constant ticking of the clock on the wall seemed to grow louder as the seconds went by.

The male's (e/c) eyes looked back and forth from the floor to his phone, which laid untouched on the coffee table. He could hear footsteps approaching the door to the apartment, followed by the jingle of keys. He didn't bother to look back as the door swung open.

"Come on, Eita. Steady yourself...!"

Eita replied in incomprehensible slurs, stumbling a little. "Geez, you're a handful sometimes..."

The (h/c)-ette stood up and walked over to them, slinging one of Eita's arms around his neck and steadying him with ease. "Thanks for carrying him all the way here so late, Reon," the male said, forcing a smile.

The male named Reon sighed. "No problem, Y/N. The bartender said Eita went overboard this time and passed out on the counter."

"I see..."

"I'll get going now. Bye."

Y/N watched Reon leave, his fake smile still on his face. Once the door closed, it fell. His expression from earlier returned. He looked down at Eita before throwing him onto the couch.

"H-Hey! *hic* What'ssss! The biggg-- *hic* idea!"

Y/N walked over to Eita, leaning over him. He pinned the male's wrists down against the couch. "Do you know how long I waited for you? It's four in the fucking morning...!"

"L-Leave meee-- *hic* alonnnee!"

"Why the fuck were you out so late? Huh...?! You didn't bother to tell me you weren't gonna be back until later, much less that you'd be going out to drink...!"

"I donnn't-- *hic* have toooo! T-Tell you annnyything!"

Y/N narrowed his gaze on Eita, making the male flinch a little. Although it was a little dark, the male could see that those (e/c) eyes he fell in love with were swimming with anger and hurt. Without realizing, Y/N tightened his grip on Eita's wrists, making him wince.

"I-It! *hic* H-Hurts...!"

Y/N let go and backed away. "Whatever. I'm going to bed. I have a lecture later."