Chapter 4

Eita paced back and forth in his room. He was lost in his thoughts, trying to figure out why this had happened. Just two days ago, he had been standing in front of Y/N, shouting words that he regretted shouting. He remembered how tired Y/N looked then. He had dark bags under his eyes. Most likely from the many nights he'd stay up, waiting for Eita to return. He had always worried about Eita's safety, him being a musician and all.

He stopped momentarily, remembering what had happened.

"I waited every night for you to come home! Not once did you ever bother to tell me you were okay, or that you'd be home late, or that you'd be hanging out with your friends--"

"Why does it matter if I tell you or not?! You want to respect me?! Then, stay out of my life! I don't have to tell you where I'm going every day or who I'm with!"

His eyes began to water.

"The least that I've ever asked of you was to let me know if you're okay...! You go drinking because you've got shit on your mind that you don't want to think about! So, that's why--"

"Yeah, and it's shit that doesn't concern you! Don't start getting nosy and possessive over me just 'cuz your past lovers cheated on you!!"

No...

"What shit do you so badly not want me to know?! You seem to get a real kick out of texting whoever the fuck you were talking to earlier! I bet you talk to them about all of your problems, don't you?!"

No, Y/N...

"Just stop sticking your nose where it doesn't belong!!"

Shut up...

"Just get the fuck outta my life!!"

Stop it...!

Eita slumped down onto the bed. Tears rolled down his face, accumulating at his chin, and gently falling onto the floor. He closed his eyes, clutching the collar of his shirt.

It hurts...! It hurts so much...!

"Hey. Eita."

"Yeah?"

"When we get married, are you willing to wear a dress?" Y/N casually asked as he flipped through a random magazine that had arrived in the mail.

"HUH?! What's with the sudden question?! And m-marriage?! You haven't even-- well, you know... pro-- propos--"

"Proposed?"

"Yeah. That..."

Y/N chuckled, a grin adorning his face. "It might come sooner than you think~ I'll gladly dedicate the rest of my life to you~ In a heartbeat~"

"You--"

"Cute~ You're blushing~"

"Shut up...!"

"Why did this happen...? Everything-- Everything's been turned upside down...! I don't understand what's going on...! Please... Please just come back...! I can't-- I can't live without you...!" Eita shouted, his voice cracking. "Please don't leave me alone...!"

"When are you gonna tell him you've hit a wall with your music?"

His grip on his shirt tightened. "I'm sorry... Please... Please come back..."

Eventually, his cries quieted down to the occasional hiccup. He was laying down on his small bed, covered by his blanket. His hands were wrapped around a pillow, tightly clutching it. His eyes were red and puffy from all the crying he had done. He was beginning to feel tired, so he let himself drift off to sleep, left to dream of what could've been. Until...