↠ chapter seven

dedicated to : k
on 4/2/20

ᴍᴀᴄᴋᴇɴᴢɪᴇ ᴢɪᴇɢʟᴇʀ

she stood there and smirked as her minions locked the door.

i gulp as i back up against the wall.

nadia approaches me and almost instantly a sharp pain hits my right cheek. i clutch it hissing at the pain. she slapped me and hard.  then she grabs my shirt and picks me up before throwing me on the ground.

my arm stings so much. her blonde bimbos brynn and ruby kick repeatedly at my sides and keep in mind they're wearing boots. figures.

nadia hovers over me before grabbing my ankle and twisting it sharply. tears collect in my eyes as i hiss again but louder than before. "aw little girl thought she could come in and act like a queen?" multiple kicks on my legs probably leaving bruises "and try to take over  and steal my attention ," one punch in the eye "my spot as queen bee ," several punches to my stomach. i groan as i feel the blood soaking through one of my favourite shirts " and my man!" she goes crazy on me attacking me from all angles. then she picks up my shirt and i glance at my ankles wondering if i'm even going to make it and pins me against the wall whilst strangling me. "i've seen the way he looks at you and if you think you can take it ALL," i cough up blood and lots of it as she twists my other ankle "then think again b*tch." she says as she drops me down on the floor. they walk out and suddenly my eyes get heavy. real heavy. "no k-kenz. s—sttay a—wake. " i urge myself. but i don't listen to myself. and i drift into darkness.

ᴊᴏʜɴɴʏ ᴏʀʟᴀɴᴅᴏ
i feel terrible. after mackenzie saw me she closed her curtains and even when i woke up this morning they still were shut. i hope she's okay.

*arrives at school*
nadia is the first thing i see as i arrive at school. i internally groan as i approach her. "hey babe" her nasty breath hits me like a truck. "hey" i squeeze out. i might pass out.  i put my arm around her waist as we talked then her and her "friends" needed the restroom so we agree to meet in first period.
• • •
i'm in first period and nadia eventually walks in and they all look proud of themselves. smug looking i guess. oh well "hey baby!" i call her as i cringe inside. she sits down and the teachers walks in and starts taking registration. i look back to try see if mackenzie was okay but she wasn't there. but she never skips class. something is up i can tell but nadia wouldn't let me leave to look for her i know it. so i stay quiet.

ʟᴀᴜʀᴇɴ ᴏʀʟᴀɴᴅᴏ
it's so strange. one day kenz was okay the next she's not? john told me he saw her crying but he thought it was because she was tired. tired?. i wish she'd just talk to me. "lauren!" mrs jane said "yeah" "eyes on me not the window" i sigh and nod while leaning my head against the palm of my hand.

ᴍᴀᴄᴋᴇɴᴢɪᴇ ᴢɪᴇɢʟᴇʀ
i wake up to see bright lights. i'm in the restroom? suddenly all the pain and worries come back and it hits me.

i remember what happened. i check my thankfully not cracked phone screen and see it's halfway through first period. i gather all the strength i have to pull myself up "ahh!" i scream as i stand up on my sprained ankles. yes both of them. it hurts so much. i'm in so much pain. my head pounds as does my heart and i'm thankful that it still is. i look in the mirror and see a sight.

busted lip , bruised eyes , cuts on my cheeks , nose bleeding and the list goes on. my legs have purple bruises all over them with small incisions scattered everywhere. but my ankles. they're a mix of purple green and red.my arm hurts. insane amounts.  i think i fractured or broke it.i lift my shirt and to my horror there is blood everywhere. probably why i was coughing up blood. this is insane. i drag myself out the door checking no-one is there and once it's in the clear i leave. yes the school. i'm skipping. which may i point out i've never done before at my old school or here.  i turn a few corridors and when i'm walking down one i see a glimpse of a person come around the corner. my first instinct is to run but as i turn to run i twist my ankle even more and i scream in agony. the person comes rushing up to me with a distraught face.

holy shit.

melissa speaks...

sorry it's so short🥺
hi i know i don't normally do dedications but it's a v important persons birthday. they're in my family and sadly they didn't make it to today. you guys obviously don't know them but they deserved better so i just wanted to appreciate them in here. thanks for reading :)