↠ chapter eight

"johnny!"
"yeah?" i respond to mrs white. she probably wants me to go do something she's the lazy teacher .
"take this to the office for me" she says in an annoyed tone.

she holds out a pink piece of paper and i grab it on my way out. i go down a few corridors making my way to the office when i hear some nearby whimpers. i turn the corner and before i see the face , a light brunette crys out in pain. her legs and arms. they are painted in bruises and cuts.  i rush to help her obviously and i see her face. it's mackenzie. my blood boils who would do this?! i calm down as i realise i need to get her help. now.

ᴍᴀᴄᴋᴇɴᴢɪᴇ ᴢɪᴇɢʟᴇʀ
no no no no no. this cannot be happening. it's been so long since we talked this is not gong to go down well. he's going to ask so many questio—
"mackenzie! who did this? are okay?! of course not! who d—?" "j-johnny" i croak out cutting him off. his expression goes soft and empathetic "im so sorry this happened. who did it kenzie?" he asked calmly " it's doesn't matter right now. but please get me to the nurse." i thought i'd walk with my arm around his shoulder so we could walk together but to my surprise he picked me up.

i'm surprised he could lift me up. after a few turns we arrived at the nurse room. her head was down writing something when we walk in. "if you think faking to be sick is going to get you out of a test then think agai—" she gasped as she saw me .

"oh my word sweetheart..." mrs bright trailed off. i've always liked her. "lay down right her!" she told johnny i could see the pity in her eyes. i don't really like pity. makes me feel weak. johnny lats me down carefully and mrs bright inspected me. i flinched as she took of my shoes (but kept on my socks thank god it was so cold in there) to check my ankles. it was a swarm of mainly purple now. i swear she almost gasped aloud when she saw it. she left me without my shoes and put a light in my eye moving it from the right to the left.

"you've gotten a nasty cut on your head so i'll call an ambulance because i think there's a large chance you have a concussion..."  she concludes as she puts her light in her pocket and looked down at my school record "mackenzie" she finalised "you can call me kenzie" i smiled weakly at her. "poor you , you haven't even been here two weeks and look at this!" she tutted "after this happened did you faint or fall?" "uhm yeah i went unconscious " "how long for do you think?" "well this happened before first period and i woke up halfway through so i'd say half an hour." now it was johnny's turn to gasp.

"i'm going to assume you were beaten up?" she says "yeah..." i trailed off. "she sighs and puts down her pen "i won't ask for names now but i've called an ambulance and you need to go outside with a wheelchair because i can see the state of your ankles. " sirens are heard nearby and mrs bright sends him to class "no p-" i'm cut off as johnny says "please mrs bright i need to be there for her," he starts to pout "please mrs bright let me do this one thing". she sighs AGAIN and says okay and we all head to the entrance so i can get in the ambulance.

• • •
in the ambulance they ask me so many of questions like my name age address etc etc while johnny stays there holding my hand. i appreciate him for being here.

at the hospital i'm in a bed and johnny has goes to go get us food. i just had an MRI scan to see if there's any internal injuries. my arm is in a sling because they think it's broken but we have to double check first. "heyo" he walks in with jello and sandwiches. "hey" i reply softly. we start to eat after i thank him for the food and when we finish we sit awkwardly. "hey liste—"  "so-" we cut off each other and laugh. he sits on my bed as i scootch over to make room. "i'm sorry. for everything" he starts "i didn't mean to hurt you or ignore you. " i stare into his emerald eyes. his warm hand moves to cover mine and i grip it tightly. he grabs my waist pulling me closer , i hiss slightly in pain so he softens his touch and we're soon a solid five cm apart just gazing into each other's eyes.

melissa speaks...
i almost threw up while reading through this no cap i stg. my book is gross so i'm jus tryna prewrite my next book so i can upload regularly so you guys don't LEAVE😔