19. Flying

"Good afternoon class," Madame Hooch said as we stood outside with brooms sat by our feet. 

"Good afternoon, Madame Hooch," The class responded 

"Welcome to your first flying lesson," She told us with a smile "Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now. Hurry up." She said as we all quickly got into our position "Stick your right hand over the broom...and say 'Up'"

"Up!" I yelled as I watched mine move a bit 

"Up!" Harry yelled next to me as I saw his go straight to his hand 

"How'd you do that?" I asked him 

"I don't know," Harry said with a shrug 

"Up!" I yelled again as it came up a bit "Up!" and finally the ting came to my hand, also nearly knocked me over but you don't need to know that. 

"With feeling!" Madame Hooch told the kids who were struggling 

"Up!" Ron yelled on the other side of Harry. I watched as his broom did, in fact, come up, but just to wack him in the nose. Harry and I let out a laugh as we watched him "Shut up guys"

Soon after everyone had gotten their brooms up, Hooch taught us the proper way to saddle and grip our brooms. It was hilarious to watch her bring Draco down a few pegs when he found out he, in fact, had no clue how to properly ride a broom.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground hard," Hooch told us "Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle- 3, 2..."

Right as she blew her whistle, Nevils broom started to lift into the air. Going much higher then what he should be doing. 

"Mr. Longbotton." Hooch tried to say "M-Mr. Long- Mr. Longbottom!"

Nevils broom started to take off as he started to fly in the air. We were all yelling at him as he flew over to the castle. He was out of sight for a moment until he came back into view. He came flying back at us at such a high speed we all had to jump out of the way. Then he flew up and his robe got snatched on a statue causing him to lose his broom as he dangled from the high tower.

"Oh thats not good," I said looking up in fear 

Nevile then fell onto a smaller statue before he inevitably dropped back down into the grass. We all ran over to see if he was okay.

"Out of the way!" Hooch yelled as she came over to Nevile "Come on, get up. Oh, oh, oh, dear. It's a broken wrist. Good boy, up you get," She said helping him up "Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say 'Quidditch'." She said as she walked Nevile away. 

"Did you see his face?" Draco said tossing something in his hand "Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would remembered to fall on his fat ass" his friends laugh at what he said before I realized what was in his hand. It was Nevilles Remberable ball. 

"Give it here, Malfoy," Harry told him 

"No," Draco told him, "I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find," he said getting on his broom "How 'bout on the roof?" Draco flew off from the crowd. I was kinda happy he might get kicked out for this, but something in me told me this wasn't the end of good old Draco. "What's the matter, Potter? A bit beyond your reach?"

Harry immediately got onto his broom as Hermione went to knock some sense into him 

"Harry, no way," She told him "You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides, you don't even know how to fly." At her words, Harry kicked off the ground and rased towards Draco "What an idiot"