23. New life

I don't think I have been this excited in a long time. Today was the day we got to go home for Christmas Holiday, and boy was I ready to see my family again. Even Calum and Michael; well maybe not to that extent but I was happy. I wondered if my mother did something to try and one-up Heather- who am I kidding, she most definitely did. 

Hermione and I pulled our trunks along as we got ready to leave for the train. We just had to make one stop first. We quickly entered the great hall to see Harry and Ron sitting at one of the tables playing a game of what looked like chess. That was until one of the players smashed the other one. 

"That's totally barbaric," Hermione told them 

"That's wizards chess," Ron told her "I see you two packed"

"I see you haven't," Hermione told him 

"Change of plans," Ron told us "My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie"

"The one that trains dragons?" I asked him 

"Yeah," Ron told me 

"Well, then you can help Harry then," Hermione told him "He's going to go look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel"

"Haven't we looked through everything?" I asked her 

"Not in the restricted section, "Hermione said before walking away "Happy Christmas"

"Happy Christmas boys," I said taking two presents out of my bag and handing them each one 

"Y-You didn't have to get us something," Harry told me

"Noncesnce, I love giving gifs," I told him with a smile "See you after break!"

I quickly walked to catch up with Hermione as we made our way to the train station. Just one long ride and we where home.

---------------------------------------

"Ah," I said as I stepped off the train "London. So glad to be home."

"You aren't home yet silly," Hermione told me with a laugh 

"So, let's go faster!" I said dragging her over to collect out things.

Once we got there we quickly got in line to leave the platform. We were instructed to go in small groups at a time, to not draw attention to ourselves. 

"I just can't wait for my mums Christmas roast," I told Hermione "She makes the best one"

"My favorite is the puddings," She said with a smile

"You like those? My family just uses it as decorations at this point" I told her with a laugh 

Soon we were instructed to go forward. We both ran through the wall with a smile on our faces. We quickly walked forward into the crowded train station 

"Do you see your family?" Hermione asked looking around

"No," I said trying to go on my tippy-toes "I don't se-AH!"

"There's are munchkin!" I heard Harry yell with a laugh as he spun me around in his arms.

"Harry!" I laughed "Put me down!"

"Oh alright," He said putting me down as I turned around to face him "Have a good semester?"

"The best!" I said looking up at him 

"Where did you-Oh there you are!" I looked over to see my mum coming towards us with Ashton and Luke "Hope!"

"Mum!" I yelled running into her arms "I missed you"