49. Story time

We were still standing on the hill as we tried to take in the loss of Buckbeak. But something happened with Ron as he started to hiss in pain.

"He bit me," Ron showed us his finger that had a spot of blood on it now, his rat gone from his hands. "Scabbers!"

"Ron?" Hermione called as he started to chase his rat. "Ron?!"

"Ron?!" Harry called after him as we ran to catch up with him. "Wait!"

We chased the boy and his pet through the grounds until we watched Ron jump to the ground to get him. We stopped a few feet away to catch our breaths.

"You guys do realize what tree this is," Hermione said as I looked over to see for myself. Shit, the bloody fucking whomping willow.

"That's no good," Harry said. "Ron, run!"

Ron looked over at us before his eyes expanded into fear, "Harry, Hermione, Hope, run! It's the Grim!"

We whipped our heads around to see an enormous black dog stood behind up a bit. I gasped as my mind put together just who this might be. Oh, not now, this was very not good.

The dog barked as he ran towards us, Hermione pushing us out of the way as it leaped forward. It kept running till it got to Ron. At which point, he grabbed onto his leg with his teeth as he pulled his closer to the death tree.

"Harry!" Ron cried out.

"Ron!" Harry yelled back at him as we tried to run and get him.

We kept calling after him as Harry even dove to try and grab his outstretched hand. But nothing helped as the dog had pulled him into the tree.

Suddenly the tree took a brank as it whacked us back a few feet. That bloody fucking hurt.

"Come on," Harry push himself off the ground as he grabbed our hands. We ran towards the tree again.

"Maybe we should come up with a plan!" I yelled out as we dodged a branch.

"Plan is to get Ron!" Harry informed me as we jumped over another one. "Move!"

They started to come down hard as they, well, tried to kill us. I dodged another before I got close to the base. But one of the branches grabbed my leg and pulled me up.

"Ah!" I yelled as it flung me up into the air.

"Hope!" Harry yelled after me as I watched Hermione get taken up by another branch.

I pulled myself up a bit a used my other leg to try and kick it off of me. Maybe not my brightest plan as I started to fall, fast. Luckily for me, I was back above the opening of the tree as I fell right through. I slid to a stop as I groaned.

God damn it, the things I do for my friends.

I picked myself off as I dusted my shirt off a bit. I heard more screaming until Harry feel in, soon followed by Hermione.

"I'm sorry," Hermione told the boy she had landed on.

"Don't worry about it," Harry said as I went over to help them up. "Thanks."

"Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione asked.

"I have a hunch," Harry said. "I just hope I'm wrong."

We followed the dimly lit tunnel as I saw scratch marks engraved in the stone walls. When we reached the end, there was a latter that lead to a trap door. We quickly followed it up as we heard the wind shaking above us. A dusty old house with many more scratch marks was where this had lead us.