I. LEGEND

━━ ∞ ━━
𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥]

 ━━ ∞ ━━ 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥]

"blood, sweat, i'll break my bones
til' all my scars bleed golden"

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

On a dark, chilly night, a car drove soundly down an unknown road. Upon seeing a body laid in the middle of the road, the driver pulled over to the side with a confused frown before stepping out of their car. "Are you alright?" the man asked as he walked round the side of his car, though his frown quickly deepened as he noticed just who the person on the ground was, "Damon?"

Damon smirked from the ground, opening his eyes, "Lockwood," the vampire greeted before using his vampire speed to stand to his feet. Tyler studied the vampire cautiously, aware of his lack of control over his own mind, "heard you haven't been yourself lately," Tyler commented, stepping back towards his car as Damon watched with a devilish smirk.

"Oh, I am who I've always been," the Salvatore vampire replied as if it were obvious, the smirk on his lips causing Tyler to frown fearfully. "Just got to keep proving it," Damon finished evilly as Tyler held up his hands in defence, shaking his head at the vampire as if to get him to back off. "Your fight's not with me, man," Tyler stated, sending the vampire one last look before walking back towards his car.

Damon watched in amusement, the smirk still resting on his lips, "nice hardware. Armory standard issue?" the vampire asked as he sped over to the Lockwood man, blocking his entry to the car. Tyler sighed as he looked up at the vampire, "you kill me, you can say goodbye to everything. No one forgives you for this," Tyler warned him, his voice stern though holding a clear sense of fear.

The Salvatore vampire simply shrugged in response, "I think we're past that," Damon commented, smirking at the Lockwood who shook his head in denial. "You have another option," Tyler spoke, his tone almost desperate as he attempted to persuade the vampire not to kill him, "walk away. Fight whatever it is she wants you to do and get your life back."

"Walk away, Damon. Think about what you want at the end of it all. Think about who you want," Tyler continued, pleading with the man but Damon simply stared at him blankly. "That's the problem," the Salvatore started before as a chilling smirk broke out across his lips, "I don't want any of it anymore," he finished causing Tyler to shake his head.

"That's a lie," the Lockwood retorted, his expression stern, not giving away any of his emotions though anyone could tell he was fearful of Damon's unpredictability. Damon tilted his head to the side as if he was considering what Tyler had said, "is it? I wouldn't even know," the vampire shot back, smirking at Tyler who sighed in defeat.

Taking a step back, away from the vampire, Tyler looked up at Damon with a blank look. "Okay, then. Do it," the Lockwood man replied with a defeated tone as a scowl overcame his features, "if this is the way I go out, then let me go out as the face that you can never erase from your brain. The face that reminds you, to the end of time, of the moment you gave up," Tyler goaded the vampire in the hopes that it would trigger Damon to change his mind.