Part 2 - Chapter 3

Raindrops dripping from the roof of the hollow hut, wet Eunseom's face, woke him up. He groaned while holding his head which felt heavy when he got up from the bed. A little surprised to find himself already in the makeshift shack of the Momo tribe, because as he recalled, he was still on his way while eating rice balls.

When Eunseom opened the door, his nose breathed in the scent of the soil wet with rain water. It was already morning, but outside there was no one, of course, because the rain was quite heavy.

From across the hut where he was staying, Karika sat on the porch while holding Hotau on her lap. Karika held Hotau's tiny hand, catching the rain. The little baby laughed cheerfully feeling the raindrops in his palm. Not only the mother who laughed, Eunseom who saw them from the other side also chuckled softly.

And their eyes meet. Eunseom waved with a big smile. But Karika turned away instead, bringing her son into the house. Eunseom slowly lowered his hand, scratching the nape of his neck that was not itchy.

~~~

The spirits of the Ago warriors flared up again after their hero, Inaishingi returned. Eunseom, Karika, Bidam, Ipsaeng and Dalsae are in a meeting to discuss war strategy.

"What if we poison the river that runs through the Eastern Fort? They have a lot of food, but without water, they will be miserable," Ipsaeng contributed an idea. **

"The river is not only used by soldiers in the fort, but also through the rice fields and consumed by the people of Arthdal. Harvest will fail, famine will occur, and refugees will revive. We cannot use that strategy," Eunseom said.

"Why? After all, they are suffering, not us. Don't you want to destroy the entire Arthdal?" Asked Ipsaeng.

"Still, they are just innocent ordinary people. What I want to destroy is the government, not the people," Eunseom explained.

"Eunseom is right. Not only the people in the capital, the Ago and Iark regions will also be affected. But we can use the strategy theoretically," Karika said.

"What do you mean?" Asked Dalsae.

"We will deliberately divulge the information that we will poison their river, in order to force them to retreat. We start by damming the river, then spread rumors that a small river near the fort has been poisoned," Karika explained.

She turned to Bidam, repeat her words in the Momo language. The man nodded in understanding and carried out the order.

"Wow, you always have a brilliant idea, Karika," Eunseom praising her.

But the woman did not respond, even avoiding his gaze. She cleared the table, then left the room.

"What's wrong with her?" Eunseom murmured confused.

Ipsaeng tapped Eunseom's shoulder, "did you forget what you did last night to her?"

"Huh? What did I do?"

"You really don't remember?" Dalsae asked with wide eyes.

Eunseom scratched the top of his head.

"You kissed Karika in front of everyone."

Ipsaeng's words suddenly made Eunseom widen in surprise.

"Wh ... what? I ... what?" Eunseom stammered.

"You kissed her, her lips. Lips!" Ipsaeng's repeated.

"Why did you get drunk just because your love was rejected by Tanya?" Nagged Dalsae.

"I'm not drunk, I don't drink alcohol."

"Obviously you are very drunk. You're babbling unclear. Everyone's the witness," said Dalsae.