Chapter 15

Jet and I awoke late the next morning neither of us wanting to get up to face the day.
     'If nobody comes to get us maybe we can just stay here forever.' I yawned, as I stretched my arms around Jet, my tail resting on his.
     Jet laughed, 'Sounds like the perfect plan to me.'
     We laid there for a moment longer, 'Argh I guess we really do need to get up and talk to Darian and Avery,' I moaned throwing the seaweed blanket off of us in a bid to get us moving.
     'Why!?' Jet cried out jokingly, 'Why would you do this to us?!'
     I turned to face him, 'Trust me it wasn't by choice.'
     Jet reached out softly touching my face, 'Promise me that when you are the Queen we can set aside whole days for us to stay in bed together.'
     My heart skipped a beat, my face flushed it's usual shade of red. I reached up putting my hand on his, 'But what if you don't want to share my bed any more,' I kept my eyes looking down, I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye, 'What if you find your cute girl?'
    'When will understand?' He lifted my chin up forcing me to look him in the eye, 'You are my cute girl.'
     I kept my focus on him, my heart beating out of my chest, my mind running fast, I couldn't understand it, how could he possibly feel that way about me? And more importantly why was I feeling this way about him?
     'I, I, I,' I stammered unsure of what words to use, 'I, I don't understand, why?'
    A look of confusion crossed his face, 'What do you mean why?'
    'Why me? Why now? Is it just because of the situation we are in? What if someone else comes along? Will you still want me?' I spat all these questions out in a hurry, my mind in overdrive.
    Jet softly grabbed my hands, 'Hey hey, slow down. It's okay. I can answer all those questions and more.' He sat up suddenly, 'I have an idea! Meet me tonight outside your room.'
     'What? Why? What about telling Darian and Avery?' I yelled after him as he swam towards the wardrobe.
    'Right I forgot about that.' he answered stopping in his tracks, 'We'll do that now but then I have to plan something.'
     He disappeared into the wardrobe as I got up to choose what to wear. I chose a simple pink and purple tshirt, nothing fancy today, I glanced in the mirror and decided to tie my hair in a high pony tail.
     Satisfied I opened my door to find Jet talking to Sonia in hushed whispers.
     'Ava,' Sonia said when she caught sight of me, 'Jet was just telling me you have important information for the King and Queen.'
     I nodded, 'That is correct.'
     'I will inform them immediately, meet them in the Kings office in 10,' she turned to Jet, 'I will speak with you again later.'
     Jet smirked, 'Thank you Sonia.'
     She nodded gently and then swam off in a flourish, disappearing around the corner.
I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at their interaction. I knew I was being silly but I couldn't help it, she was far more beautiful than I would ever be.
     Jet took my hand in his, putting my jealousy at ease, 'Ready baby?'
     I could not control the smile that spread across my face, I loved the way he called me baby, it sent goosebumps all over my body.
     'Always,' I managed to squeak as we made our way towards Darian's office.

     I tapped gently on Darian's office door.
'You may enter,' boomed Darian's voice from the other side.
     As we entered we saw Darian and Avery seated behind the desk, Darian gestured for us to take a seat, 'Ava, my beautiful daughter and Jet my son, how can we help you both today?'
     I looked down at my hands suddenly extremely nervous, Jet reached out instantly placing his hand on mine, I smiled, he was my strength.
     'Ethan shared something with me at the ball last night,' I said clearing my throat, 'Jet and I thought it best to leave it until today to talk to you.'
     Avery eyed us curiously, 'Please tell us what he said.'
     I glanced at Avery and then Darian both of their faces showing no emotion, 'That he knew about Vivian's plan and he used to keep in contact with her.'
     I waited for some sort of shock to register on their faces but Avery simply nodded, 'We know.'
     'Excuse me?! What?!' I asked a bit unsure about what I had just heard.
     Darian furrowed his brow, 'We knew, as soon as she left we knew, we had him followed but he was just so young.'
     I was in complete disbelief, they knew! Yet still they raised him as their own! 'Let me get this straight,' I said my anger rising, 'You knew that he was conspiring with Vivian, the woman who stole your daughter and you still raised him as your own?'
     Avery came to my side, she placed her arm around my shoulders, 'Please let us explain,' my first instinct was to push her off but Jet's eyes told me to hear what they had to say.
     'Fine,' I grumbled, my eyes firmly on Jet to keep me calm.
     'We knew from the beginning but we also knew we couldn't toss him out, his anger would only grow, only fuel him,' Avery continued, her eyes full of sadness, 'So we decided the best thing to do was to show him love, real love.'
     I sighed my anger slowly dissipating, they did the right thing, 'Sorry for snapping, of course you had to take him,' I ran my fingers through my hair, 'He did tell me the reason he cut communication with her was because of your love.'
     Darian gave me a warm smile, 'We understand your anger Ava but believe us when we say, everything we did we did it for you.'
      I nodded slowly, 'I know.'
     We stayed silent for a while each of us lost in thought, suddenly I remembered why we were really here, 'Ethan also said he was sure she would attack and that she probably has more informants.'
    Darian and Avery exchanged worried glances, Darian turned to us, 'We weren't sure but we had thought as much.'
     Jet cleared his throat, 'Is there anyone you suspect?'
      Darian rose from behind the desk, 'There has been a few but they all fell through.'
     Avery dropped her arm from around my shoulder, 'If she does attack chances are she will attack on your coronation. So we have at least 3 weeks to prepare.'
     Darian came to my side raising me up, to meet his face, 'We will do everything in our power to protect you, starting with teaching you and Jet to protect yourselves.'
      'What does that entail?' I questioned completely intrigued.
      'A little bit of magic, a few spells and of course self defence.' Avery answered.
      Darian pulled me into a hug, 'We'll start tomorrow.'
      I nodded into his chest, 'I can't say that I'm not a little bit excited about learning magic.'
      Darian chuckled softly, 'Magic is always fun.'
     Avery opened the door ushering us out, 'Now off with you two, I hear you have a special evening planned and I do not want to hold you back from it.'
     I eyed Jet suspiciously, what was he up to?

      We swam in silence until we reached my door, 'So are you going to tell me what's going on tonight?'
     All Jet could do was smile at me, 'It's a surprise.'
     I smiled back, 'I know that but are you going to give me some sort of hint? Like what I should wear?' I didn't want to turn up completely unprepared.
     Jet wrapped his arms around me, peering into my eyes, 'Wear what you want to wear, you want to wear messy bun and an oversized tshirt, then wear it! If you want to wear a gown, then wear it. It doesn't matter what you wear, I just want you to feel like you and to be comfortable.'
     I lightly put my head on his chest, 'Why do you have to be so perfect,' I whispered not really intending for him to hear me.
     Jet lightly kissed my forehead, sending shivers down my spine, 'To me you are more than perfect.'
     My heart swelled, how was I so lucky to have him by my side?
     I sighed happily not wanting to move when he suddenly pulled away, 'I have to go get everything organised. Meet me outside your room at 7.'
     I was slightly shocked by his sudden abruptness but managed a small smile, 'Sure.'
    He kissed me on the cheek and swam away disappearing out of my sight.
     I swam into my room checking the time, 5 hours! How was I supposed to wait for 5 hours?!
     I paced my room back and forth my anxiety rising, what has he got planned, what should I wear, what should I do with my hair, I know he said he didn't mind but if he was going to so much trouble I needed to show up in more than a messy bun and tshirt and then it hit me, I'll send for Stacey, she'll know what to do with me.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote! Thank you.

The Mermaid And the Sea Snakeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें