Chapter 4

Grace's POV:

I walked out in my jeans and long sleeved top, I felt too hot to wear the jacket as well. I saw Sam leaning on the wall opposite the door and completely lost control. I ran towards him, he wrapped his warm arms around me, pushing me into his chest. "I missed you so much!" I attempted to say but my voice was muffled by his shirt.

We stood there for a while, just enjoying being in the other's arms. Until Cole coughed to make his presence clear. Sam loosened his grip, and I walked over to Cole and hugged him. He didn't expect that!

"Cole." I started.

"Yes Grace?" He gave me a little smile.

"Thank you." I said sadly.

"What for?" He shot me a questioning look.

"Everything. Curing me. Saving me from dying in a bathroom. Stoping Tom Culpeper from shooting me with his big rifle! Thank you." He let me go from the hug and gave me a sad smile.

"Well thank you for changing back! I couldn't deal with Ringo mopping around for another day!" Cole laughed. Sam blushed, beet red. I gave out a little giggle when I saw Sam's state.

"I was not mopping!" Denied Sam.

"Oh yes you were!" Laughs Cole.

"Sounds cute, I wish I was here to see it." I said adding a pouty face.

"Well you're here now," He said to me. "Plus there was nothing to see!" He shouted at Cole.

"Yes you were." Cole said under his breath. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Come on." Sam said, as he took my hand and lead me down the stairs to the couch. He took a seat, and I followed, laying my head in his lap.

"I saw Rachel before."

"Did you? Isn't she in Denmark?" I asked shocked and excited.

"She was. She came back. With a boyfriend, may I add." My jaw dropped.

"I thought no guy could handle her!" I said loudly.

"Obviously this one can!" He replies.

"I should go see her, and my parents, now I'm human." I said calmly. After that Sam turned quiet. I knew that Sam wasn't on the best terms with my father. "Just to show them that you didn't kidnap me, and if they see Rachel they'll think I'm back and avoiding them."

"Okay." Sam said slowly. And then we both went quiet.

***

"I love moments like this." I said quietly.

Just then Cole walked in, saw us and walked back out, with a sad look on his face.

"Is he okay?" I asked Sam, he looked hurt.

"He should be okay." Sam replied softly and carefully.

"What's worrying with him?" I asked sadly.

"He-" Sam tried to figure out how to begin. "He wants this, what we have." He said slowly. "With Isabel." he added quickly.

"With Isabel?!" I asked in disbelief, while trying to keep my voice down.

"Yeah, he was telling me about it the other day." He whispered.

"I feel sorry for him. Why did she have to move?" I said sadly.

"Do you know if she feels the same way?" He asked, a little louder.

"I'm not sure, she never talked to me about her feelings." I mumble.

Next thing I know, Cole walks back in the room and over to the phone.