16

"Okay, the Sisters of Quiet Mercy are due north. The getaway car was west, on the Old Route 40. The closest bus station is east, headed towards Sweetwater. If Polly wanted to leave Riverdale without anyone seeing her, she probably would've left through Right here. Eversgreen Forest," Betty says as everyone splits up and we all look for Polly. "Hey, all this stuff with your sister, I'm sorry you had to go through that, and I wasn't there to help you as your friend," Archie says as he holds my hand. "It's okay, Arch, you're here now. I'm glad to have my two best friends helping me out through this.". I go up to Kev and V as they both smile at me. "So how's the cold war at home?", I ask but V just rolls her eyes and sighs. "Ugh. Horrible. Look, I hate fighting with my mom, but until she's ready to admit and to own, that she forged my name to help her illicit trysting with Fred Andrews, I can't blink, you guys. She needs to make the next move. And what if she doesn't blink? Back in New York, whenever I needed to blow off some steam, or force my mother's hand, I'd go out on a bender, dancing with my fave celebrity gal-pals, my best gay, and some dim-witted, sexy, disposable arm-candy.That's Josie, you and you," V says pointing at Josie and Reggie. "And as for my arm-candy - He'll do but you can bring Archie if you want girly.". "We are so in. I would say let's invite Betty but she's busy with everything that is going on. I'm in, I'm so in.".

After searching everywhere, we just couldn't find Polly leaving everyone worried. Everyone was tired after searching for hours but Betty's mum decided to hold a press conference to explain her side of the story of course. I showed with my dad and Archie for support as they stepped outside to speak in front of all the cameras. "There's been a swirl of rumours today about our daughter, Polly. And we're standing here to tell you that they're all false. Yes, Polly was seeking treatment in a private care facility, and she was under strict observation even at the time of Jason Blossom's death. When she found out about the murder, she was beside herself with grief. You see, my daughter, Polly, is pregnant with Jason Blossom's baby," The cameras suddenly, started going crazy and people had so many questions. "Polly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone the father of her unborn child. Polly, darling, if you're watching this, please come home.". After the whole thing, Archie and I were walking back to his place so that we could maybe get some peace before heading out to the club. "Red, you know how I am your number one favourite person in the world and you just love doing everything with me... Come out with me, V, Kev, Josie and Reggie tonight please," I say giving him my puppy eyes. "Where we going?". "We are going clubbing tonight but if your dad asks we are all hanging out at Pop's.". "You are so making it up to me. Maybe I can come to yours after and sleep over?". Red has been sleeping over at mine a lot lately, not that its a bad thing. He was always like this but it's like a weird feeling I get more and more he sleeps over. I feel so happy and peaceful when he sings me to sleep but when he's not with me, I toss and turn like a crazy person and its just so hard to go back to sleep if I wake up. "Of course, since when do you ask?". "It's called being a gentleman which I totally am.". "Gentleman my ass! Eating all my food, stealing all the cover and when we were kids, who kept stealing my bras and running around with them screaming I'm a woman?", I start laughing like crazy as he decides to pick me up over his shoulder and I start screaming like crazy. "Red put me down! I'm sorry!". He slaps my ass and starts spinning me around, he walks up to his room then just throws me on my bed like I'm a bag of crisp. "When I can see right... I am going to shave all your hair Red and... Start calling you... Baldy!", I scream as my vision is just all over the place but he's just standing in front of me laughing. "You are sooooo cute!", He says while pinching my cheeks like my grandma does every time I see her. My vision is straight so I grab his hands and tackle him on the floor. I give the biggest sloppiest kiss on his face and he bites my neck. "Archie!". He gives me the cheekiest smile and flips me over so that he's on top of me. He leans in slowly and starts kissing me slowly but then it turns into a french kiss and let me tell you, that boy is sure good at his french, he could probably get full marks on all his french exams. He stops as he hears the downstairs door open and we hear his dad is laughing with some other people. Archie helps me up as we race downstairs to see who it is and I see Jug, FP and my dad along with Archie's dad. "Oh dad what are you doing here? Please don't tell me you left Thomas in charge?", I asked as I give him, FP and Fred a hug. "Hello to you too Lilac and yes I did but I just left the kid to close up so that all of us could go to dinner at Pop's," My dad says messing up my hair. "FP, how was the first day?". "Oh it was great but now I'm starving so if you kids are ready, lets go to pop's.".

"Anyway, we spent the whole summer fixing up that old VW bus. Remember what we called it boys?", FP looks at my dad and Archie's and they all say at the same time, "The Shaggin' Wagon" and everyone is just laughing. "This was before Fred had game but senior year both your dads decided to start a band and all the girls were all over them.". "We were awful honestly," My dad says remembering the good old days.  "But it was great. Best time of my life. You know, your dad was what is commonly known as a BMOC, Jughead.". "Come on. The hell I was," FP started laughing. "In what way?", Jug asked with curiosity. "Football, for one. He single-handedly defeated our arch-rivals, the Baxter High Ravens.". "He doesn't care about that stuff, Fred. Football, sports. Takes after his mom in that respect, and I mean that as a compliment. I'd rather see you spending your time writing, thinking up stories, you still do that? Nose in a book? Typing away?". " Yeah, yeah, Jughead works on the school paper with Betty and Lila," Archie says as I roll my eyes. "Whereas, Lila and Archie spend time writing songs after school," My dad says and FP has the biggest smile on his face leaving Jug, Red, and I just bright red. "Betty? Ooh. Who is Betty? Is that your girlfriend? What about you Red? Is Lila your girlfriend?". "She's I wanna know more about the band. What was the name of the band?", Jug and I start asking as my face just gets brighter making my dad laugh. "Ah, yeah. It was called The Fred Heads.". I instantly started laughing at my dad and he just pretends to hide his face like he's a celebrity. "Wait, the what now?", Jug, Archie and I asked at the same time. "Yeah, that's why it doesn't come up very often.". Pop drops the bill in the middle of the table as we all thank him but Fred gets out his wallet and pays. "Oh, come on, Fred. This was supposed to be my treat," FP says making Jug a little nervous. "Hey, you get it next time.". "Hey, excuse me. Pop? We invited you guys out. Let me pay. Put your damn money away.". "FP, take it easy," My dad says trying to calm him down. "You owe me this.". Yeah, sure. Go ahead. You get this one.". "You know, if I'd have known, I would have gotten another milkshake," My dad goes ahead and says while Archie and Fred laugh at him. "Dad really? You know I get the whole loving free trait for you!". "You love it really, she always makes me get cotton candy everyday Mr.Landon," Arch says as he bonds with my dad. "Archie, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Harry? You're practically family and she used to be worst you, Jug and Betty should know that the most. Remember when your family had the party and she was too sick to go and couldn't even get out of bed? She forced you and Jug to bring her food otherwise she wouldn't be your best friend anymore and she would get Betty to stop helping you with homework," They then started laughing. "She would try to get Betty to stop helping Archie anyway just so she can help him because she hated it when Betty took Archie from her but would hate it when Archie would hate it when would take Betty away from her. You were one confusing child," Jug says. "Oh really? Who would sneak into the house  while my dad was baking and then would eat some of the leftovers and my dad thought it was me the whole time?". "It was you?! I really thought it was Lila or Archie to give to Lila," My dad just looked so shocked as Jug was always a quiet person around everyone especially my dad. We all laughed as we all headed home but I was saying goodbye to Jug and my dad quick as Red and I decided to take the long way home through the field of flowers which was our secret place that we discovered a few years ago while everyone just headed back to Mr.Andrew's house.

"Wow, it's beautiful during the night," I say as the stars are out and it looked like the moonlight was shining on us and the entire field. I could just feel his eyes on me as I was just walking in front of him. "Lila, you really are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. No one could ever be as smart, beautiful, talented, or kind-hearted as you are every day and that's why I could never ever hate you. Knowing us, we will probably go through a lot of ups and downs but they will make us stronger and hopefully make us realize how we really feel about each other. I've never been good with words but my feelings won't ever change for you which is why I wanted to ask properly if you would be my official girlfriend?". Archie held out his hand for me as he waited for my answer but come on do I have stupid written on my forehead? It didn't take very long for me to scream yes and jump in his arms but he didn't expect it so we both fell on each other and flowers were just flying everywhere. I was laying on top of him where he pulled me in for the best kiss of my life and It felt just like we were in the scene of a movie where everything is perfect. It was just us in the world and nothing else mattered not even time, just us in this moment. After spending what felt like forever like that, he took me home and kissed me goodnight. "I'll call you when I get home, bye girlfriend.". "Bye boyfriend.". I walked in my house and just started dancing around like a crazy person with an actually boyfriend! "Dad can we have some cookies and ice cream because I've got some amazing news to tell you!". "I really wasn't prepared to see someone sitting on my couch but my dad was just frozen and couldn't look anywhere in the room. "Mum?".