Dream On - Part 1

~SPECIAL EPISODE, Episode 13~
After Type makes amends with Khom, Type and Tharn have to deal with Type's dad.

[A/N - I'm splitting the special episode into two chapters. Trying to fit it all into one chapter made it waaayyy too long]

~~~

*Type's POV*

My heart feels light and happy, as if a giant weight had been lifted off of me. Ever since I said those horrible things to my best friend, Khom, guilt had been eating at me. Being able to apologize and introduce him to Tharn was freeing, and I feel on top of the world.

I park the motorized bike on the side of the street, and Tharn and I start walking back to my parents' house.

"Type, your friend is nice," Tharn muses aloud.

"Why? Are you saying you like him?" I question, only half serious.

"I'm not saying that," Tharn defends himself.

"Hold on," I stop walking and narrow my eyes at Tharn. "You said you liked my body type and skin tone. Then Khom is your type."

"That was before," Tharn insists, leaning closer to me. "Now my type of guy... is only you."

My eyes glint with mischief, and I don't pass up the opportunity to mess with Tharn. "Ever think I might not want you?" I challenge before walking away with a smirk.

"How can you say that?" Tharn whines from behind me, but I keep walking away from him. "Come back and talk to me!"

"Hey!" A deep voice barks.

We both freeze as my dad stomps over to us. Fear fills Tharn's eyes when he sees the machete in my dad's grip. I know my dad won't actually hurt Tharn, but Tharn doesn't seem as convinced as he slightly hides behind me.

"How dare you raise your voice at my son?!" My dad shouts at Tharn, waving the machete around.

Tharn grips my arm, and I try to reason with my dad. "No, dad, we're just talking."

"Type, you're defending him?" My dad asks in disbelief. My mom runs up next to his side and holds onto his arm. My dad ignores her and keeps his attention on me. "Do you respect me at all?"

"Are you totally against him?" I ask, even though I know his answer doesn't matter. I'm not leaving Tharn.

"Yes," my dad says firmly. "I don't want a son-in-law. I want a daughter-in-law."

"How do you know he'll be the son-in-law?" My mom interjects.

My dad looks at her and furrows his brows. "Because he's a man. Type bringing a man home means he's the wife."

"So you just want a daughter-in-law."

"Yes, I want a daughter-in-law."

Tharn and I stay silent during my parents' nearly comical argument. Even though Tharn is staying behind me, his grip on my arm has relaxed.

"Honey," My mom starts. "What would you do if you had a daughter-in-law?"

My dad pauses and confusion covers his face. "What do you mean?"

"Type is our son, right? He brought Tharn to our house, so Tharn is the daughter-in-law. His reputation is tainted. So you must prepare a dowry for Type to propose to Tharn. Happy now? Are we clear? Confused?" My mom questions my dad.

"Dad, give it up," I sigh. "He's been tainted for months anyway."

My dad drops the machete and his eyes widen. "Wait... wait a minute! So you have... a male wife?"