Dream On - Part 2

~SPECIAL EPISODE, Episode 13~
Three years later, Tharn surprises Type with matching headbands. When Type refuses to wear them, Tharn pouts until Type gives in.

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

(Three Years Later)

I'm awaken with a start when Type jolts next to me, shouting to himself.

"Damn! What the hell was that dream?" Type asks aloud.

I pull myself up into a sitting position next to Type. "What time is it?"

"6 o'clock. Go back to sleep."

I shake my head and sigh. "I can't sleep anymore. I was dreaming about the first time I met your dad."

"Really?" Type's eyes widen in surprise. "I had the same dream!"

"You too?"

"Yeah. It bet is has to do with what we talked about before bed. I can't get the image of my dad wielding the machete out of my head."

The memory makes me shudder. "It still sends chills up my spine," I tell him. Glancing over, my eyes trail down my boyfriend. His hair is messy from sleep, and his cheeks are flushed and rosy. He looks so adorable. "But since we're awake... let's do something."

Type furrows his brows in confusion, and I reach towards my nightstand. There's a package I had set aside in hopes that Type would go along with my antics. I reach into the box and pull out two headbands: one with dog ears, and one with cat ears.

"What are you doing?" Type asks suspiciously.

I hand him the headband with cat ears. "Put them on."

"Are you crazy? Cat ears?" Type scoffs. "Dream on."

Type throws himself back onto the bed and hides under the covers. Tugging at his arm, I try to pull him back up. "Type, get up."

"What the hell..." Type grumbles as he sits up.

"Put it on."

"No. I won't."

"Please?" I pout cutely.

"No, put it on yourself!" Type snaps.

Grabbing the headband with dog ears, I position the band on top of my head. I hold the cat ears out to Type and look at him expectantly. "Let's do it together," I say. "Man up."

"I'd rather not."

"Then you're a chicken," I bait him. If there's anything Type hates, it's being called a coward.

Type wrinkles his nose in agitation. "I won't dance to your tune," he stubbornly insists.

"It's just a simple favor," I mumble sadly.

Type rolls his eyes. "Don't pretend to sulk," he scolds. "Asshole."

"You can't even do me a simple favor," I sigh, trying my best to look like a kicked puppy. Type glances at me and sighs, snatching the cat ears from my hands and putting on the headband. I try to hold back my smile, but I'm horribly failing.

"Happy now?" Type spits out.

"Do me one more favor," I ask with a grin.

"What now?" He whines.

"Can you say... 'meow'?" I request.

Type looks at me, incredulous. "No way!"

"Please, Type!"