Prologue

"We need to stop him, he has tried to kill Damon, Bonnie, his own family" Elena said as she tried to convince the rest of Kai's siblings to help her destroy him like she did with Klaus Mikaelson. Kai is still in the prison world after getting Bonnie and Damon out of there.

"He's in the prison world, nothing can harm us anymore" Caroline tried to relax the girl.

"I have known my brother for a long time and I'm sorry he has hurt you and almost everyone in the world" Jo admitted as Elena nodded her head.

"He hasn't hurt her" Liv said as Elena looked at her.

"Yes he has, he hurt me a lot" she said as Liv rolled her eyes.

"Not you, not everything is about you" she said as Elena looked offended.

"Look all I'm saying is that I know he is in the prison world but we should just kill him instead" elena said trying to sound like she is in the right.

"My brother is a lot of things, but killing him would be too far" Liv said as Elena looked taken back.

"Liv? He tried to kill you, he killed your family" elena said as she was over stepping.

"And who are you to tell me that? Huh, you weren't there. I was and you have no damn right to play god and have another family member of mine taken from me" she snapped at Elena. She looked down as Caroline rubbed her arm.

"Look I'm not trying to defend him but he isn't all that bad. He has never hurt her and she is the only one who can reel him back to how he was. A loving brother" Liv said as Luke nodded, as well as Jo.

"Who?" Caroline asked.

"Her name is Vanessa Monroe-"

"Can she help us take him down and kill him?" Elena asked as she cut Luke off from explaining. Everyone gave her a look a disbelief of her eagerness.

"Thank you for interrupting, but I highly doubt she would want to since she is his wife" luke said as the two girls were taken back.

"Wait Kai is married?!" Caroline asked as they nodded.

"Before our brother lost it and killed our family. He had a girl he loved dearly. Her name was Vanessa. She was a witch, a very powerful witch. She was a family friend and she bonded with Kai instantly" Jo explained.

"When they married, we all thought that maybe he would calm down but one day they overheard what our parents were trying to do... have more kids to become the new leader"

"He thought getting married would be a sign to leadership but father just saw it as a far to rid him of our family. So he went after our siblings as you know, he even knocked Vanessa unconscious, knowing she would try to stop him" Luke explained.

"After he was banished, father turned her into a siren, said that she was just as a monster for loving a monster" Liv said as she shifted her hair to the other side.

"Wait?! THE Vanessa Monroe as in the Monroe Siren? It's what I found in Shelia Bennett's research" Caroline said as she showed them the many books.

"Yes after losing her powers she wept, fell in a depression not having Kai by her side. So in return she left, she killed many sinners for her hunger" Jo said as she remember the broken-hearted girl.

"Though I don't think it would be wise to find her" Jo added.

"Why?" Caroline asked.

"Well when our father was cursing her, our mother felt the pain and heartbreak for Vanessa. She felt the pain of losing her husband, she didn't want her to feel so lost and abandoned so she made a fail safe in the curse..." jo explained as her younger twins looked at her.