Chapter 1

A rainy Sunday had arrived and Symphony, the daughter of Consense and Brittany and Campana, the daughter of Eleanor and Combob were sitting in the living room together with the fireplace lit. Since it was fall, outside and inside were kinda chilly. 

“Your moms are really nice to make me stay here when my parents are working, especially Auntie Brittany,” Campana said, looking over to Symphony, who was braiding her black and brown hair.

“Yeah. I’m lucky to be their daughter sometimes,” Symphony said as she finished the braid, “What do you think? I’m trying out new hairstyles I can wear,”

“It’s beautiful! But maybe if you braid it and put it in a bun, it would look very cute,” She suggested as she wrapped the braid around the ponytail holder and put it up in a bun, “Perfect,” She said as she looked over the finished result.

“It is pretty. Thank you,” She said as she pulled out a mirror and looked at herself.

“This is nice~” Campana commented, getting even closer to the fireplace.

Symphony rolled her eyes playfully, “Yeah,” she then frowned, “But I wish she was here to join us…” She mumbled under her breath, but that didn’t mean Campana still didn’t hear it.

“Who was?” She asked, turning to the chipmunk and siren hybrid.

“I… I saw this dog… She looked miserable… and cold.. And homeless perhaps… I tried to help her, but all she does is growl at me and tells me to leave her alone…” Symphony explained. 

“Oh…” Was all that managed to come out of Campana’s mouth,

"I really, really, really want to help her…" Symphony admitted, sighing softly.

"Well, we're going to help her! Even if she likes it or not!" Campana yelled, looking very determined.

"'We'?" Symphony replied, confused.

Campana nodded, "I'm going with you! Where did you see her?"

"I saw her at the carnival. Under the Ferris Wheel," Symphony noted and Campana nodded again.

"We're going through the window. Your parents can't know that we snuck out," Campana explained.

"Okay," Symphony agreed, "Let's go,"

The two climbed out the window, into the pouring rain. But they didn’t care. They only cared about the girl that needed their help and fast. At the carnival, the two looked for the lonely pup Symphony mentioned. Nothing so far.

“Oh! Where is she?!” Symphony desperately called out. She really wanted to help the poor thing, but she couldn’t do that if she couldn’t find her. 

“Is she it?” Campana called out as she pointed to a beautiful dog. She was slender, good shape, pretty amber eyes, nice long eyelashes. However, she looked beaten down. Her hair and fur looked extremely ruffled up and the black, torn up rag on top of her head seemed to be some sort of bow. But finally, the black collar the dog had around her neck seemed to be ripped to shreds but was somehow holding itself together. 

Symphony smiled widely when she saw her, "Yes!" 

“No wonder you wanted to help her~ She’s beautiful~” Campana whispered to Symphony, who blushed and rolled her eyes.

“Shut up,” Symphony replied as she walked up to the canine, only to stop when she turned around and growled loudly at the two hybrids, who yelped in shock.

“I told you I don’t need help! GET. LOST,” The girl growled as she bared her sharp teeth while she snarled at the teens. 

“Why should we? It’s obvious that you need some help. Stop denying it,” Campana demanded, frowning. 

“Just because I-- Ow!” The dog was saying as she started to stand up, but yelped in pain and fell back down on the ground when she realized her paw was hurting.

“Oh, no! She’s hurt!” Symphony stated in a worried tone.

“Am not! Can you just leave me at peace?!” She yelled, frowning as she looked over her paw.

“Not until you let us help you! We are not going to give up until you accept our offer! We’re not letting you get hurt,” Symphony said as her caramel eyes met with amber ones, “What’s your name?” She asked in a soft voice.

“Dixie,” The canine answered, a slight blush ran across her face under the girl’s gaze, “You two don’t mind being in the rain?” She questioned, concerned if these two we’re going to get sick being outside like this.

“No, of course not,” Symphony stuttered, smiling shyly, “You’re injured. We’ll take you back to our house. I’m sure my parents won’t mind,”

Dixie finally gave up and smiled, standing up again, this time trying to stay off her injured paw, “Thank you, uh…”

“Symphony,” She said, smiling back. The two girls carried Dixie to her house, the rain making them completely soaked and wet, but they didn’t mind since they were going to get dry when they got to the house anyways.

“We have to climb back through the window,” Campana explained, “I’ll go up first. Could you give me a lift, Symh?” Campana asked, trying to climb up the window, but failed since she was way too short to reach it.

“I think Dixie should go first. She’s the one who can barely walk,” Symphony requested, looking over at the canine with her soft smile and sparkling light brown eyes which made Dixie practically shiver. 

“Couldn’t you just use the door?” 

"We could, but none of my mothers know that we went to get you,"

"'Mothers'?" Dixie quoted, confused on what Symphony said.

Symphony gave a blush, "Yeah, I have two. Now, Campana, can we please let Dixie go first?" She asked.

“Fine,” Campana grumbled, “Hop up,”

Dixie gave a smile before climbing up the two teens' backs before going through the window and into the house, Campana and Symphony following close behind.

"Nice place you got here," Dixie commented, looking around the beautiful house in simple amazement.

"Why, thank you~" Symphony teased, making the canine giggle a bit.

"What's going on here?" Connie asked as she walked in the room along with Brittany.

"Who's that?" Brittany questioned after Connie as they both looked at Dixie.

"This is Dixie. We found her on the street and she looks like she needs help. Can we keep her here?" Dixie's face lit up with joy for a bit, “Until she gets better…?" Dixie's face dropped.

"I mean, if she's really that bad, sure. What do you think, Brittany?" Connie said as she turned to Brittany, who had a skeptical look on her face.

"How do you know she isn't only pretending?" Brittany asked.

"Because her paw is hurt…" Symphony frowned.

"Can I see it?" Connie asked, which Dixie nodded. 

Dixie walked up to the siren, who took her paw and carefully looked over it, trying not to hurt Dixie in the process.

“I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with it. It could be just sprained but I’m not sure, so we have to take you to the vet,” Connie explained, “But for now, you should stay here and let us take care of you till then,” 

“And brush you up,” Brittany giggled, “You’re not coming into any house of mine looking like that. We’ll clean you up,”

Dixie nodded, “Thank you so much. You’re all so sweet,” Dixie sighed.