Chapter 5

A lot has happened after the two became a thing. For a few days, Symphony’s parents started to get a bit suspicious about her and Dixie’s affectionate behavior towards each other. Soon, Symphony finally came out to her parents about their relationship. Of course, Connie was on the edge of crying tears of joy when she heard of her daughter going into her first relationship. 

However, Brittany was a bit unsure and a bit bewildered that Symphony was dating a different species than herself. But after some convincing from Connie, she gladly accepted the two. A few weeks after, Symphony finally asked if they could adopt Dixie and without hesitation, they agreed. The two were currently back at the carnival for their first date.

“I sort of missed this place~” Dixie cooed as she looked around, the screams of exhilaration coming from the kids filled her ears.

“Why? Wouldn’t this place bring back horrible memories for you?” Symphony asked as she twirled her hair around her finger.

“That was all in the past. I’m looking towards the future now. And it looks amazing so far,” Dixie explained as she gave the hybrid a wink, making Symphony’s face a bright red. A few moments later, Symphony saw another dog in the distance, playing with a little girl. 

She raised an eyebrow and tapped Dixie’s shoulder, “Uh, Dix? Is that… Cash over there?”

Dixie looked in the same direction the hybrid was and instead of a look of disgust, she smirked and scoffed, "Yep. That's him. Look at him having a good time,"

"Aren't you upset?" Symphony questioned, a bit surprised by the canine's reaction. 

“Nope, I’m over him~ I have you now,” Dixie answered as she gave her girlfriend a little wink, “In fact, I might go talk to him right now,”

Symphony just looked on in awe as the Saluki beauty strutted over to her EX. As the young girl walked away, Cash looked surprised to see Dixie. Especially since she looked completely different now with the large, blue bow in her hair and the matching collar.

“Why, hello, Cash~ What a surprise to see you here!” Dixie greeted with fake happiness and surprise in her voice.

"Oh, Dixie! Hey, you look amazing! What happened to ya?" Cash asked as she looked over the female.

"Oh, alot of things," Dixie purred, flipping her hair.

"Like what?"

"I found a family~" Dixie smiled, Cash smiling as well.

"Oh, really?" 

"Yep! And a new lover,"

Cash's eyes widened at the sound of that, "W-Wha?!" 

"Yep, she's amazing~" 

"... 'She'?"

"Mhm! She's standing right over there," Dixie chuckled in boastfulness as she pointed her paw to the beautiful hybrid, who seemed to be waiting patiently for her to come back. Cash just glared and was about to speak until Dixie started walking away, "Well, I shouldn't be keeping her waitin'! See you never,"

“Wait! Dixie! Maybe I made a mistake leaving the band… Or breaking up with you. I wanna come back! I hate being a house pet! Dixie, please…” Cash begged. 

Dixie just rolled her eyes and shook her head, “Sorry, Cash. But you made your choice. You’re gonna have to stick with it,” Dixie replied smugly as she began to walk away again until Cash blocked her by standing in her way.

"Please, Dixie! I know you probably hate me, but trust me! I've learned my lesson! Take me back and I'll never do it again…" Cash lamented.

"No, Cash! I trusted you! And when I finally started to care about the band more than myself, you abandoned me for some little girl! You left me with a broken paw! How can I ever forgive you for that?!" Dixie growled, her EX looking at the ground with utter guilt until Dixie gave him a smirk, "I should be thanking you. Now I have a family of my own with a new girlfriend~ If you haven't left, I would still be trapped here honestly. I never realized how much fun being in a family is. So no, I won't come back. Now, if you excuse me, I have a date," Dixie huffed, strutting back to Symphony, Cash watching with a mad yet regretful look.

"Oh, wow. You handled that pretty well, Dix!" Symphony said as she kissed her cheek.

"Well, he needed to know how I felt when he did that to me. And now, he'll regret it for the rest of his life," Dixie lightly giggled.

"Well, since that's taken care of, what ride do you wanna go on first?" Symphony asked, smiling brightly.

Dixie hummed in thought before smirking at the young teen, "Ferries Wheel~?" 

"Yeah, sounds nice~"