Chapter 12

(Philippine National Crisis and Emergency headquarters)

"Alright give me the daily report."

This is the Philippine National Crisis and Emergency Headquarters. A newly established department by the Philippines.

This department was established after the country got 'transported'. With such unimaginable events happening, multiple businesses and industries started to fall. Thus, causing the economy of the country to be undeniably low, making it stagnant, and then regress.

With such a case, the government issued the establishment of this new department. This is to cope with the recent events making job opportunities like construction, a high paying job. Second to that is the Agriculture Association and then the Mech companies.

Of course the influx of applicants would have to be controlled, check their health, and then do the proper training necessary for the jobs. Also the person that asked this report is the one leading the department, President Basilio. And the report he asked is the checkpoint bases condition.

"Here they are sir. By now, the unnamed port is 96 percent finished, the Ashton and Black zone bases are just approaching 25 percent."

"Hmm I see, alright then. So tell me, what did the CEO of Stargazer said on our proposed project."

Stargazer. An interspace company from the Philippines. It is also the leading company when it comes to explorations and Energy research.

"He agreed with the project but..."

Basilio raised an eyebrow, then signaled for the official to continue.

"He doesn't agree on the project..." The official's voice faded slowly when he said this.

"...."

When Basilio heard this, he was confused as heck.

Agree but disagree, or he agree to disagree. He couldn't help but get irritated at that company's CEO. What the hell do you mean by that!!

Nevertheless, Basilio calmed himself and said, "Can you be specific."

The official nodded weakly and continued, "He said that because he can do the project, but cannot, since he worries that the materials to build the specific components would not be enough. Also black metal would mostly be used as a main component to build the most powerfull engines that we normally use on our planetary and Space ships."

Black metal, found in asteroids and dwarf planets, it is the only metal that can withstand multitudes and multitudes of energy. Even throwing a concentrated nuke at it wouldn't even leave a scratch on its surface.

Humanity was just lucky enough to get to mine it. And that was because of the help from frequency technology. Founded by a German scientist around year 2078. Frequency technology gave leaps and bounds to the rise of mankind to start it's interstellar plans. Just by finding the right frequency of a certain object they would be able to cut or either crush the targeted object. Making 'mining materials from space' no longer science fiction.

Now back on topic, Basilio's face was dark. He couldn't refute what that CEO had said. When the plan to build those bases was initiated, most of the black metal they had in their storage was emptied. From hundreds of thousands of it in their hands, what remained was a tiny speck of a few thousand.

After contemplating for a bit, he then said, "Tell him that I'll change the plan. We'll first concentrate on building planetary satellites first."

"Alright sir..., Wait planetary satellites?"

"Yes planetary satellites."

The official looked at Basilio for some moments then proceeded with his order. He wanted to ask where would they get the materials to build the satellites. The satellites they previously had was so big that it had to be at the center of the Earth and the moon. Heck it could be just called a space station that can hold thousands of Space ships at once.

But of course this official is narrow minded. What Basilio really had in thought was those smaller satellites that we're big as the ISS of the old modern era.

Well probably not as big as the ISS but as big as those weaponized satellites in the pseudo-new modern era.

.....

Rrrrr-Rrrrr.

Dadadada.

"Hey you put that there, hey! Hey! Hey! we're do you think you're putting that! It's not supposed to be put there!"

The hustle and bustle of the second checkpoint. Ashton base. Although some construction workers would refer to it as the Ashton Fortress.

The one managing the base doesn't have an opinion about it, that person does like the name.

Ashton base or Ashton Fortress due to its humungous size, has 4 sectors. These are North, East, West, and South.

Colonel Mardi, the one managing it's west area, is currently finishing his report.

The report contains a lot of news. News like the ratio of materials used, the area's current state, the near explosion of an EM engine....

EM engine 'nearly' blowing up. It brought shivers in his spine. If it indeed did blow up, he would be getting big trouble from his superiors. Luckily the engineers and mechanics on the area were able to cope and immediately fix the engine.

Finishing his report, he called someone over and told that person to deliver it the general. After that he took a very long sigh.

Remembering the time when the fog was still there, and then waking up to see a brand people in confusion then being surprised by seeing two moons.

This lifetime of his has been really beggining to trouble him. He just wanted to slack his days in the military but ever since the 'transported' event, he couldn't even get any free time now.

"I suppose this is what they mean when they said cherish every moment in your life so that you won't have any regrets when you encounter a dire situation." Said Colonel Mardi.

Now, as said in his own personality. He was just about to doze off and take a rest when the door suddenly banged itself open.

This surprised him and made him fall from his chair.

"Colonel! Haaa-haaa, the general asks for a meeting" said by this person.

Not receiving a reply immediately that person raised his head and saw that no one was there.

But eventually he heard a groan, this person checked the source of the groan and saw the colonel, on the floor, head first.

This person started to sweat hard, "What happened to the colonel! Is he okay?!"

Due to the Colonel's current state, this person became even more anxious. He thought that the colonel was having health problems, because of that, he became to damn anxious that he just shouted help as loud as he can attracting the attention of the nearby people in the area which in turn made the result of making soldiers come to the Colonel's office, fully loaded.

When the colonel woke up, and noticed the amount of people surrounding him. He became blank minded and asked what's going on, then he was told of what happened.

When he found out that the small injury he had in his forehead was because ha landed in the floor head first, he immediately remembered that a person banged his door at that moment.

He asked for that person's identity and he was told that it was a rookie messenger, so that person's experience is still quite immature.

When he found out that it was a rookie, he cursed in his heart, "Damn! Even if your a rookie, couldn't you even knock before entering!"