8.

ENVY EXPLAINED THE whole plan that evening after lunch. A lunch which Greed and Gluttony skipped, too shaken by Lust's words to force down some food.

The others found this odd, but didn't say anything, especially not to Greed. He'd proven himself to be unpredictable, to explode at any moment.

When the table was cleared, Envy laid out a map of the city on the table. They all crowded around it. There was space for Greed, but he took a step back anyways. He didn't feel like part of their group. He wasn't sure if he could ever be part of their group, even if he tried his hardest.

Lust was gone. He'd disappeared after their argument without another word.

'You think this is easy for me?'

How could they fuck up so badly? Before Envy and Lust were under Lucifer's control, Lust was always very friendly with them. There was never a minute where Lust wasn't smiling and laughing with them. Greed should have known that he didn't want to abandon them. Greed should have known he was only trying to survive.

'You aren't proving anything to anyone by pretending to care for lives other than your own!'

Greed closed his eyes, trying to think of something else, anything else, except Lust's words and the way they were true.

'Have fun getting yourselves killed. And when you get there, don't expect any mercy from me.'

"Greed!"

Greed opened his eyes to see the others staring at him. Pride, who'd called his name, frowned at him. "Greed?"

Greed rolled his eyes but nodded to show he was listening.

"Greed," Envy began, "are you—"

"Shut the fuck up, murderer," Greed snapped. "Just tell us how your little suicide mission is going to go so we can all get ourselves killed, yeah?"

"Kid," said Sloth, at the same time Wrath began speaking to scold him as well, with the exact same tone they used when they were all younger.

"Everyone focus on the goddamn plan," Gluttony interrupted, an edge to his voice. "You can no longer scold Greed like he's a child. He's an adult. And we have a day before we leave for Hell, so how about we actually discuss how we're not gonna die?"

Gluttony's voice hitched on the word 'die', but if anyone noticed, they didn't say anything. They all went back to staring at the map.

An area on the map had been circled.

"This," said Envy, and his voice sounded like nails scratching on a chalkboard to Greed's ears, "is a map of downtown."

"As we all know, an entrance to Hell exists in every country in the world," said Wrath. "Seoul's exists downtown."

"Apparently there's a night club where the staff are all demons." Sloth slouched his shoulders. "So I guess we infiltrate from there."

"And as for actually defeating Lucifer? He has an army," Greed said. "Do you plan to go in guns blazing?"

"Leave that to me," said Wrath, a mischievous look in his eyes. "None of you need to worry about it."

Greed didn't ask for details. He didn't care.

"Great," he muttered under his breath. "Let's go meet our demise."

.
.
.

The descent into Hell was too easy for Greed to not be suspicious.

The six of them had made their way downtown and to the club fairly easily. Greed and Gluttony had to duck their heads down and wear baseball caps to be less recognizable.