Chapter 1

A/N: Yes, I'm back (sort of). Does anyone even write fanfiction anymore? Did we all outgrow it? Most of you are probably here because you followed me three years ago and suddenly got an email that I updated and now you're thinking "what the fuck?". So if you wanna know where I've been for the last couple years and what the future holds, read my A/N at the bottom.

Why was he doing this? It so wasn't his thing.

His therapist had recommended he try to develop more of a social life outside of the music industry. But that was 90 percent of his life! Maybe when he was home, he wanted to be a hermit. Sure, he was friends with everyone in the band and all of his family members were in Scranton, and he was certainly able to socialize with them plenty, but his therapist had asked him if there was anyone else - friends who lived specifically in Scranton and didn't have to do with Motionless in White, or perhaps a girlfriend?

Nope.

Which was fine, because this had allowed for Chris to work on himself for himself. But maybe it was time to branch out. Maybe going to his friend's house and playing Cards Against Humanity with some other friends for a couple hours wouldn't be so bad. Maybe this would be a decent way to start off the new year.

Chris parks and steps out of the car, locking it and shutting the door. Snow was just beginning to fall, which meant that leaving tonight would probably be hell. He was clearly one of the last people to show up. The house was small, and there were at least twelve other cars here if not more, which would make for an interesting crowd. Chris had never been very claustrophobic on a good day, but sometimes his anxiety would trigger a sensation of not wanting to be surrounded by people or in tight spaces.

Chris was told to just walk in and not bother knocking, which was what he did. Some good music was playing, the scents of various foods filled the air, as did chit-chatter among the various guests. Ricky was a hermit too, and certainly not a party-person, but had decided to be the one to host the New Years Eve party at his house. A majority of the people at the house Chris knew, because they were friends with the band or because they were also Scranton locals, but Chris was sure he'd at least bump into one or two people he didn't know, or at least didn't know well, and would therefore be taking his therapist's advice by default.

"Hey!" Ricky calls over the chatter and music as he walks over to Chris, "You made it!"

"Well, it was a six minute drive, so it wasn't that hard."

"Noah brought Cards Against Humanity, we were just about to start a round. Wanna play?"

"Are you finally gonna introduce me to your girlfriend?"

Ricky rolls his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, c'mon, we're all just kinda sitting around the coffee table."

There were many people sitting or standing around various parts of the house, but a small group of people had gathered in the middle of the living room, sitting on the floor around the coffee table. Ricky sits down next to a girl who looked nice, but seemed uncomfortable in the position she was sitting in. She sat criss-cross on the floor in front of the table, but kept fidgeting and adjusting herself, like she couldn't align herself correctly. She pauses for a moment to smile when Chris sits down next to Ricky though.

"Noah, this is Chris. Chris, this is my girlfriend, Noah."