Chapter 7

A/N: Did Chris ever actually say that he's afraid of spiders in an interview or anything? Or did we all make that up?

Chris's first day home from tour was spent with family since Caroline had to work late due to a couple of complications with her research. The next day though, Thursday, Chris had asked Caroline if he could pick her up from work and maybe the two of them could just hang out at his place and relax. Caroline was extremely happy to see him, and also extremely exhausted and thought that the idea of spending time with him relaxing sounded amazing.

Chris made his way toward Caroline's office, keeping his fingers crossed that he could keep his lucky streak of not bumping into any fans on the way in or out. It wasn't that Chris wasn't thankful for his fans or that he didn't like it when fans asked for an autograph or a picture, but he didn't want to jeopardize Caroline's private life or risk her students or coworkers looking at her any differently upon finding out she was dating him. So at times like this where he wanted to pick Caroline up from her office, he always tried his best to be discreet about it.

Chris walks into Caroline's office and the first thing he notices was that her hair was now several inches shorter. She'd sent him pictures of when she'd gotten it cut the other day, but this was his first time seeing it.

 She'd sent him pictures of when she'd gotten it cut the other day, but this was his first time seeing it

"You look so cute with short hair," Is the first thing he says.

Caroline turns to face the door, "Chris?"

"Hey, cutie."

Caroline leaps up from her chair, "Where are you?"

Chris puts hand on Caroline's shoulder, then hugs her. Caroline smiles, then stands on her tiptoes and kisses his cheek.

"I missed you," She says.

"I missed you more."

"I doubt it," Caroline says, "God, is it five already? Let me get my stuff together and we can head out."

Once she's ready to leave, Caroline steps out and Chris shuts the lights off. Caroline locks the door, then the two of them walk out hand-in-hand.

"Can you give me a second tour of your house? I feel like I've forgotten where everything is."

Chris laughs, "Sure, but I'm gonna quiz you on it at the end," He jokes.

Caroline laughs as well, "I'll figure it out soon, it usually only takes me a handful of times to map out a new place."

"Hey, I totally get it. Take as much time as you need to figure it out."

Chris and Caroline exit and make their way to Chris's car. While it was the evening and there weren't as many students on campus as there had been earlier in the day, there were definitely still plenty of students getting ready to head to evening classes or find a place to study for the night, and a handful of heads turned when Chris and Caroline walked by. Whether it was because people tended to stare at Caroline for being blind, or because people tended to stare at Chris for...being Chris, several heads turned when they walked by.