Thursday Fun

Tumblr user said: Hi!😊 I have a request. An AU where Geralt is a serious barman and Jaskier is the musician that plays always in is bar and always flirts with him. Geralt is always stoic but one night... I'll let you the rest! If you can make it fluff and not too much smut, it would be awesome, but it doesn't really matter... Thank you in advance💕

--------------

Geralt doesn't know when or how it happened but a few weeks ago a young guy started to perform every Thursday at the bar Geralt works at. He always waves at Geralt but never receives anything back. He'll order drinks and talk about his day to Geralt but all he does is listen.

Just like every other Thursday, the young man gets on stage with his guitar and introduces himself as Julian. Every Thursday he sings about ladies and drinking, partying, and adventure. Geralt isn't really into that type of music so he never really pays attention but tonight it felt different.

Julian pulls over a stool and sits down behind the microphone. He sits up straight and smiles shyly at the crowd, which isn't like him at all. He's usually hyper and loud. Julian sighs and looks down at his guitar before playing a slow song. He sings of love, and adventure but not like usual. This love is an adventure and by the sound of Julian's voice, he's had enough adventure. It starts out as nice but slowly moves to gloomy.

Geralt notices that this time he's actually paying attention to the musician. He watches as Julian strums each string and how his eyes meet Geralt's ever so often. A little smile forms on Geralt's face but he quickly changes it to a more serious look.

Julian sounds awful. Not that his singing is awful, actually, its really amazing. It's that his tone is awful. He sounds upset and angry.

At the end of the performance, Julian walks off the stage, gets some pats on the back, and finally makes it to the bar. He orders a shot of whiskey, which is also unusual for a "Julian" drink. Geralt pours the shot and hands it to him. Once Julian downs the first glass he asks for another.

Geralt raises an eyebrow, but again gives him a glass and watches the young man down the second shot.

With concern his voice, Geralt asks Julian, "did anything happen today?" He wipes down the bar and cleans out a glass while waiting for an answer.

"Same old, same old. I wake up, drink coffee, go out to lunch with my girlfriend to only find out she's been cheating on me for months now. Then I cry at home and get ready to come here to perform. Yeah, sound like my life." Julian follows his shot glass and spins the glass around with his finger.

Geralt thinks about his response to the young man's story. He retrieves the whiskey bottle and pours another shot for Julian before throwing the cloth over his shoulder and resting his arms in front of Julian. "Did you know the guy?"

"Luckily not or else the heartbreak would have been worse. I still can't believe she would do this though. We were together for two years for christ sakes and during a third of that, she was sleeping with some other guy. I'm an amazing boyfriend! I sing and I cook, I watch the bachelor, and I'm amazing in bed."

Geralt smirks and stands up straight. "Hmm."

Julian looks up at Geralt in shock. He waves his arms around as he glares at Geralt. "That's it? I tell you my sad day and all you respond with is 'Hmm'?"

Geralt's eyes slightly widen and all he does is shrug his shoulders while slightly smiling.

"Unbelievable. You don't think I'm good in bed!"

Geralt shakes his head and raises his hands up in a surrender gesture. " I didn't say anything about your sex life."

"Well good. Stay out of it." Julian can't help but smile as he rethinks the whole conversation.

"You should honestly just try to not think of her."

"I was with her for 2 years, Geralt!"

"But by the sounds of it, she wasn't really there for some of it. Drink and forget tonight and then tomorrow move on."

Before Julian starts to complain he stops himself and sits in silence thinking of what Geralt said. It's not a bad idea to just let go. There was no chance Julian could get her back to why bother thinking about it.

"Sound perfect for tonight." Julian takes his shot and winces at the burn. "I'll get drunk, dance and sing, and maybe take someone home tonight."

And just like that, Julian continues to drink until Geralt stops him. He dances with a few strangers and flirts with half of the population of the room, including Geralt.

Instead of taking home someone, he's actually the one being taken to a different home. As his eyes flutter open, Julian realizes how soft and comfy he is. The bed he's sleeping on is nice, warm, and perfect. After a few seconds of nuzzling the pillow and smiling, his eyes are wide open. He quickly sits up and looks around the room. He's never seen the room before in his life. Feeling confused and continues to search the room until his eyes land on a pile of clothes, his clothes from last night.

A chill runs down his spine and he notices how he has no shirt on. He clothes his eyes and lifts up the covers slowly. He peeks out into the blanket and sighs as he realizes he has his boxers on. He tosses the covers off of his body and stands up, welcoming the cold air that hits his skin. Grabbing his clothes, he makes sure to look for anyone in case they are in the room with him as he changes.

After completely getting dressed, he opens the bedroom door and imminently ently smells bacon and eggs. Instead of walking down the hall and out the front door of the house, he follows the smell into the kitchen and sees Geralt stands near the stove. With his hair tied into a bun, sweat pants, and an old band t-shirt, he prepares breakfast for the both of them.

"Good morning, Julian. Your head hurt?" Geralt turns around with two plates in his hands. Julian cringes as he notices his head is pounding and nods his head. Geralt smiles and does his Geralt noise, "Hmm", before walking to the bathroom for medicine.

When he comes back, he hands Julian and a cup of water and a pill along with the food. They eat in peace, neither one wanting to say anything stupid. Julian finishes first and looks at Geralt with a troubled look.

"We didn't... you know... we didn't sleep together... right?"

Geralt looks up after finishing his last bite and he smirks at the young man. "No, we didn't have sex. You passed out at the bar and I knew that you drank too much to walk home so I helped you in my car and brought you here. You slept in my bed and I slept on the couch."

"Oh, well that's good I suppose." Julian looks around, slightly disappointed.

"Would have rather me take advantage of you while you were drunk?" Geralt raises his eyebrow at Julian and smirks.

Julian grins and folds his arms over his chest. "Well, that's just none of your business if I want to sleep with you or not Geralt. You might just have to find that out yourself."

Geralt grabs both of there plates and smiles with his back towards Julian. "Yeah, maybe next Thursday I'll find that out but that's none of your business if I want to find it out or not."

Julian nods his head and rests his arms on the table. "Next Thursday might be a surprise for both of us."

"I can't wait." Geralt turns back around to Julian and they both are grinning from ear to ear.