Can I Be Him?

"You walked into the room and now my heart's been stolen."

Geralt by force was taken to a nearby bar with his friend Yennefer. She had said that he needs to get his ass out of the house and find more friends.

After Geralt has a dream 2 months ago he's been seeing dreams of a fantasy land where he was a warrior of some sort. He mostly remembers the guy that always stuck with him in his dreams. He couldn't remember a name but he remembers his bright, big, blue eyes. Every night in his dream they would adventure greats lands and fight beasts. He would never tell Yennefer this but in his dreams, this man wasn't just a buddy or a friend. It felt more than that, like love in a strange way. Now though every morning he wakes up he is faced with the real world where he has an average job as a college professor, no magical abilities, and no strange blue-eyed man. His hearts nearly breaks every time he wakes up without him. It seems as if Geralt falls in love with the young man every time he dreams of him. For the 2 months, he has dreamt of these dreams he has become more and more distant from the world. All he does is work and go home to fall back asleep and see the man.

Now because of his bad habits, he is at the bar already with a couple of shots of whiskey and a beer bottle. He looks around the room, already anxious surrounded by all of these strangers.

"Come on Geralt! Lighten up a bit. You've been locked in your house for days without talking to anyone. We practically thought you were dead! It's about time you find something to do with yourself. " Yennefer pushes Geralt's shoulder and smiles at him.

Geralt glances at his friend and rolls his eyes. "Thank you for the concern but I feel perfectly fine by myself in my house. I like it." He turns away from her and suddenly an announcer comes to the stage and gets everyone's attention.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! May I introduce Julian Alfred Pankratz as our first live performer of the night." The announcer says into the microphone and walks off stage.

A curtain is pulled back as a young man in a red shirt and blue jeans walks on stage. He slowly steps to the microphone and smiles at the crowd.

Geralt's heart stops beating as he notices the man on stage. His face, his eyes, and his name...

"You took me back in time to when I was unbroken."

Julian takes his seat on a stool and adjust his guitar on his lap. He takes a deep breath and the words flood out of him like sweet honey.
Geralt relaxes as he sees flashes of memories from his dreams of him and Julian traveling the lands, talking, laughing, singing, and just loving one another.

He sits mesmerized by the beautiful melody the man was playing. Geralt's eyes scan Julian as he takes in all his features. His real-life features.

"Now you're all I want and I knew it from the very first moment. Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again."

Julian sings about a person that he loves and adores in his life. How they are meant to be and stay together forever. He whispers and belts out lyrics that Geralt can feel are for him.

"I swear that every word you sing you wrote them for me."

Geralt closes his eyes and sways slightly in his chair, possibly tipsy. He smiles as he imagines both Julian and him alone in a forest.

"Like it was a private show but I know you never saw me."

Geralt opens his eyes from the realization that Julian isn't just here for him. He's here to perform for an audience. He knows Julian doesn't even know he exists.

"When the lights come on and I'm on my own will you be there to sing it again?"

Julian sings about him and his lover traveling the world and trying new things together. Geralt feels a small spot of hope inside of him that maybe Julian is talking about Geralt's dreams.

"Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?"

Julian mentions times when he and his lover moved in with each other and how he got engaged to them. Their wedding had family and friends all around with beautiful flowers of all colors and the most beautiful music Julian had ever heard.

Of course, Geralt would have to disagree with him because right now at this moment Geralt has never heard or seen anything more beautiful in his life.

"Can I be him?"

Julian ends the song and stands up to a bunch of applause from the people in the bar. Geralt is basically woken up from his trance by Yennefer snapping her fingers in his face. "Wasn't that good Geralt? Someday he's gonna be a professional singing up on the big stage. I just know it. Don't you think so?" Yennefer glances at Geralt and notices his eyes, blown from love.

"Yeah, I think he will do great. He's beautiful." Geralt doesn't turn away from the young man on stage as Julian collects his belongings.

Yennefer starts to giggle beside Geralt causing him to finally turn. "What?" Geralt asks.

Yennefer continues to laugh in her chair. "What is it Yen? Why are you laughing?"

"Geralt you are such a lover boy. You literally have the biggest heart eyes I have ever seen a person have.

Geralt turns away, cheeks bright red, and grunts at her.

"Oh come on Geralt! I don't mean to make fun of you! I just think it's really cute." Yennefer places her hand on Geralt's shoulder. "Come with me to the bar, I want another beer."

Even though Geralt is slightly annoyed by his friend he still follows her to the bar.

"Excuse me, sir, could I ask you a question?" Geralt feels someone touch his shoulder and he turns around to Julian himself. All rational thoughts leave his head as he stares down at the young man. His eyes are bluer than he initially thought.

"Sorry for sounding creepy but I noticed you in the crowd and you seemed like you like my music," Julian says, a small blush from nervousness covers his cheeks. He puts his hand behind his head. "And well I guess I just wanted to ask if you really did think my music was good."

Geralt fights himself to finally say something. "Yeah it was beautiful."

Julian looks almost shocked by the answer causing Geralt to panic.

"Sorry, that sounded weird. I mean yes it was really good. So good that I would like to hear you sing it again sometime." Geralt's blush of course makes it harder for him to act serious and he fidgets as he waits for Julian to speak.

"No, it's not weird at all! I was so scared everyone was faking it or something. Growing up I was told my singing was a waste and people wouldn't like it but you... thank you. You just boost my confidence so high!" Julian was smiling from ear to ear now. He widens his eyes and slaps his forehead with his hand. "Oh my gosh, how could I forget. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Julian but you can call me Jaskier. You probably already knew my name though, didn't you? Shoot sorry." He nervously laughs and smiles up at Geralt.

"Hi, it is very nice to meet you Jaskier. I'm Geralt."

Geralt knows that this is his Jaskier from his dreams and he intends to not lose him again.