Friends?

3rd person POV  

It's been about a week since Alastor and Y/n met. Basically, Alastor had been following Y/n like a lost puppy the entire time.

Y/n has ,luckily, started getting used to him by now. Used to, she thought he was annoying and overbearing, but now not so much. Alastor has basically annoyed her to the so much to the point where they became friends.

       Y/n's POV 

Today is Saturday so I don't have to go to school. What am I going to do today? It's too boring in this old cabin. 'Wait I know!' I think to myself as I walk to my bookshelf. I then grab my favorite book (f/b) and head out the door.

Finally, after a few minutes of walking I made it to my destination. 'Wow, the park looks pretty empty today... great!' I think smiling to myself as I head toward my favorite reading spot. After finding where I had left off, I started to read.

Before I knew it an hour had passed and the park was now almost deserted. It was quiet. So quiet that you could hear a pin drop. It was calm and relaxing so I continued to read not knowing someone was watching me from a distance.

    Alastor's POV 

'My my, what a boring day...' I thought to myself as I walked down the street. 'I just need some sort of entertainment! But what?' I thought as I continued to walk. 

I entered the town park and looked around. I then noticed a certain small friend of mine off in the distance reading a book. I stood, completely oblivious to the fact I was staring at the quiet but intriguing girl. 

After a moment more of watching, my feet began to move on their own, approaching (y/n). "Why, hello there little missy. What might you be doing?" I ask at random. (y/n) sighs and closes the book she was reading. "Well, I was going to read today, but now that you've found me I suppose that task is now impossible." She says with a sarcastic smirk on her face.

3rd person pov  

Surprisingly, the two spent the entire rest of their day talking about all sorts of things. "Oh! (y/n), dear! I have a joke for you. Do you want to here it?" Alastor asked with an excited smile. "Sure, but it better be a good one smiles." She says. "Okay here goes! Earlier today I ate a clock for lunch. It was very time consuming! Especially when I went back four seconds!" Alastor said while taking time to laugh at his own joke.

But then, something completely shocking happened. For the first time since they had met, (y/n) smiled and even giggled at the joke Alastor had made. Shocked, Alastor paused for a moment and stared in awe at the seemingly solitary girl. 

He adored how her (e/c) eyes lit up and sparkled as she smiled. He loved the sound of her laugh, and how her gentle smile somehow comforted him. "Um- Al? Are you okay? You're staring." (y/n) says slightly confused. Alastor then shook his head and smiled. "I'm sorry dear! It's just- That was the first time I had ever witnessed you smile. It caught me slightly off guard." 

(Y/n) then stopped in the realization that she had actually smiled. In front of Alastor no less. "I uh- it was out of pity... for your terrible joke!" She said trying to come up with an excuse. "Terrible or not, you still laughed." Alastor teased.

"Admit it, we're friends now!" He continued. "Never!" (y/n) said trying to hide the smile forming on her (s/c) face. Alastor laughed at the attempt and pet her on the head. "You can't hide a smile from me young lady. No matter how hard you deny it, you know we are both the best of friends!" He said as he stood from his sitting position. "Now, we should be getting home. Don't you agree?" He said as (y/n) noticed the sun had started to set off in the distance.

"Alright. I guess we should be going. Unless we want to be left in the dark." (Y/n) agreed. "Can I-" Alastor was cut off by the small girl saying, "I'll be fine on my own. G'night smiles." 

She then walks away leaving the slim boy to ponder. "Such a mystery you are (y/n). A mystery I might never figure out." He then cracks a genuine smile as his eyes slightly softened whilst he watched her walk away.

                                                     "But you are my mystery yet~"

I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. My original thought was no one really liked this story so I thought I might abandon it. BUT THEN! I looked at my notifacations, and saw how many people said they liked this story! Thank you so much an I hope you keep reading!