Work Partner?!

I woke early this morning and got ready for my first day at work. Not to my surprise, I didn't wake up in that good of a mood. "I dread all the socializing...  but hey, at least I'll have a job at the end of the day." I say getting into my car and starting the engine.  "Well world.... let's see the problems I have to put up with today." I sigh driving off.

A few minutes later I arrived at the radio station and entered the rather blank looking building. I make a Bee-line for Chucks office and knock. "Come in!" I hear him yell cheerfully from behind the door. I nervously open the door and greet Chuck with a smile and a wave. "Morning." I say walking in. "Ah Bell! It's alright if I call you Bell right? I'm not one for formality's." He chuckles getting up from his office chair.

"Uh- sure. I don't mind." I assure him as I look to the ground. "Alright great! Well, let's go introduce you to everyone! You're gonna love it here!" He beams smiling brightly and energetically. I laugh nervously and follow the cheery man out of the office and down the halls.

It didn't take long to clear all of the rooms since everyone else were still new themselves. "Oh I forgot to show you where you'll be stationed!" Chuck says as he leads me to the very end of a different hall. "You'll be working in here since all of the other rooms are taken. Hope you don't mind working with a buddy." He chuckles opening the door.

I peek around from behind chuck and my eyes instantly shoot to a very familiar red coat hanging on a chair in the corner. "Ah Chuck," A man starts in a cheerful tone almost matching Chucks. "To what do I owe the visit?" The man asks as I can hear him shuffle, most likely turning to look at Chuck. "Hey Al, I came by to drop off your new work buddy! One thing I've noticed is she's rather shy, so take it easy on her." He chuckles as he takes a step forward into the room. 

My face pales as I see Alastor look at me with a surprised and amused grin stretching across his face. "Why hello my dear! We meet again I see." He says standing from his office chair and walking up to me. "I- um... Hi. It's uh- nice to see you again." I chuckle nervously as his smile only grows. "Well you kids have fun and get along. I have some paper work to get started on."  Chuck says as he leaves the room shutting the door behind him. 

"Ooooooh no. Here we go." I think as I watch Alastor bend down to my height with a cheeky grin. "I must say my dear, you have a rather strong arm when it comes to hitting people with a broom." He furrows his brows putting a hand atop his head where I had hit him. "I- um.... I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry." I take a few steps back. He chuckles amused and returns to an upright position. "Hm I see. Well let's get to work shall we? We mustn't dilly dally.  We can chat more after work." He turns on his heel and goes back to his seat, that amused grin of his never leaving his face. 

I look around the room and spot a small desk in the corner. I quickly walk over to it and set down my work things, sitting in the office chair peeking at Alastor from the corner of my eye. I grab a few things setting them down on my desk and immediately beginning on my first project. 

The time passes by oh so quickly and before I knew it, it was lunch. I hear Alastor scoot back from his desk with an exasperated sigh. He stands from his chair and walks over to the door grabbing his coat. "Aren't you going to stop and eat my dear? It is our only lunch break you know."

I wave dismissively not really paying that much attention.  "No, no I'll just stay here and work." I  say intently focused on my work. Alastor turns and glances at me. "Why that will never do! Come on now. You will come with me." He says walking up to my desk and pulling my chair out causing me to look up at him confused. He grabs my arm pulling me up from my sitting position and looks at me with that same cheeky grin. "You can spend your break with me. We could get to know each other better.

I look around trying to come up with an excuse but fail and Alastor begins dragging me out the door.

We walk out of the radio station and to the old diner I had visited my first day back in town. We walk inside and he lets me go so I could take my seat in front of him. Reluctantly I sit down and tap my foot nervously. "This man is sharp as a tack! One wrong move and  he'll know who I really am if he doesn't already have his suspicions!" I think nervously. "Relax my dear. You look so worried. It's as if you're hiding a major secret you don't want anyone knowing." He says tilting his head and squinting his eyes.

I quickly glance at him from the corner of my eye and return my attention to my surroundings. "I- I'm not sure what you mean sir. I assure you I am merely shy! Uh- like what chuck said!" I begin mentally cursing myself. "Well that doesn't help any (Y/n)! Stop stuttering or he'll catch on!" 

The waitress walks over and Alastor orders his food. "Heh, looks like you haven't changed at all old friend. Always getting a coffee mid- day and a newspaper. Let me guess, you're going to pull out a bag with your favorite deer meat in it." I think as if on cue he does just so. I chuckle to myself and tell the waitress my order. "Just a (Drink of choice) please." I smile as the woman nods and walks away to prepare the orders. 

Alastor tilts his head at me. "That's all? Why, aren't you hungry?" I look forward and face him smiling slightly. "No not really. I suppose I just had a good breakfast this morning." I say as I think to this morning. "Oh wait... I forgot to eat. Oh well." I think to myself as I notice Alastor's slightly frustrated look. "Even if you had a good breakfast, you know that it isn't healthy to eat nothing when it comes time for your next meal." 

"Oh it's fine! I can eat at-" Alastor cuts me off. "Some things never change do they? You've always been this way." He rubs his temple in a circular motion. I freeze and look at him. "Always? But sir, we've just met the other day." I chuckle nervously as he looks up at me. "Oh (Y/n) my dear, you know you can't hide anything from me. So there's no use carrying on with your little act. It was a fun game but now I have won." He says in a dark voice as my face pales. 

"I'm sorry but- I must go. I forgot I had some urgent business to take care of." I say standing quickly and exiting the diner. 

I quickly run inside the building and into Chucks office. "I- I'm sorry but I have to leave for the day! Something urgent came up and it can't wait!" I say with my face still pale. "Whoa whoa! Calm down there kid. You look like a ghost! Is everything alright?" He questions. "Y- yes everything's fine. But I really need to go now! I'm sorry. I'll stay and work  overtime tomorrow!" I say frantically as I leave the office and start my car only to find it won't crank. "Come on, come on! Damn this old thing!" I say as I get out and pop the lid. "Damn what is it now? Wait what? How did this happen?" I say as I put something back in place.

I get in the car and it immediately cranks. I shake my head and quickly pull out of the parking lot speeding towards home. When I got home I rushed inside locking the doors and sighing. "Why does that man have to be so smart!" I say as I slide down the door and sit on the wooden floor of my home.

"If he's my work partner... I'm in trouble." I sigh and remember a deal I had made before I left my old job. "If you should just so happen to quit your job at the new radio station, I'm afraid I'll just have to (insert blackmail because I went brain dead again" My old bosses words echoed in my head. "Damn him! Sneaky little bastard." I shake my head and stand. "Besides, Al knows where I live. I mean- I smacked him in the head with a broom in my kitchen for peat's sake!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Here ya go! Sorry if it seems rushed of confusing. I just had a cup of coffee and went on a typing spree! 1559 words is no joke. Anywho enjoy this pups! And I am still thinking about which one of your story ideas to choose! They were all great! Author- chan out!