Shelby Whore

I was sat at my desk going over the books Polly had gave me, I had been calculating since 9am and it was now 12pm. I could hear footsteps approach me. Before I looked up he spoke.

"come on, lets go for lunch my treat" John said with a big smile. I looked up and smiled back.

"I should really get these books done John" I paused seeing his face drop "but I am very hungry" I smiled at him, getting his signature smirk.

"oh really" he said leaning forward, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy.

"stop it" I said hitting his arm. We both laughed as we walked to leave the shop. Linking my arm in his was skipped down the street to the cafe around the corner.

When we got there, John pulled out a seat for me before sitting down himself. John Shelby was a true gentleman, Polly had raised them boys right when it came to women.

"look im gonna straight out say it, I don't like you being with that Henry guy, theres something about him I don't like" John said seriously. I looked at him not knowing how to respond.

"John, he is really nice, you just have to give him a chance" I said calmly.

"you know that aint gonna happen, I don't like nor do I trust him. I want you to break up with him." John demanded.

One thing I never took well was being told what to do. I stood up angrily.

"I will not break up with him just cause John bloody Shelby says so, Im happy can't you see that" I said standing inches away from John.

"he will hurt you, he doesn't care about you, I can see it" John said standing.

"your just jealous that I've found someone before you John. Jealous he is the one who said he likes me, when you couldn't. You say he doesn't care about me, well I don't think you ever cared about me until I wasn't yours anymore" I said with anger, tears falling down my face. I stormed out of the cafe and made my way home.

A few days had passed, John and I were avoiding each other at all costs. Polly said he was only looking out for me, but agreed he had left it too late.

Everyone was in the Garrison drinking, singing and dancing. Henry was drinking with his friends while Ada and I were dancing around laughing. The Shelby's were drinking in a booth.

Ada pulled me to the side. "so, how are things going with Henry?" she asked bringing a cigarette to her mouth.

Catching my breath, I replied "I don't know, good I think"

"what do you mean you think, do you like him?" she asked and I nodded.

"are you going to fuck him?" Ada questioned.

"Ada.. My gosh wash your mouth out. I don't know, I think im ready" I said making Ada smile.

"you have to tell me. Pinky promise" Ada said holding her pinky finger out.

"of course" I smiled, looping my pinky finger with hers.

The night contiuned, everyone having a great time. Ada and I were entertaining Polly. While the boys were talking business. All of a sudden shouting started and people were pushing one another.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?" John shouted.

We hurried over the see John punching and kicking Henry.

I screamed "GET OFF HIM JOHN, GET OFF HIM"

"whats going on here lads?" Polly asked. As Tommy and Arthur pulled John of Henry, who was sporting a cut lip.

"THIS.." John continued to shout, before Polly cut him off.

"don't shout" Polly said sternly.

"this piece of shit, he and his friends have got a bet on. Why don't you tell them what it is?" John spat.

"what's he talking about Henry? What bet?"I asked slightly scared and concerned, looking between John and Henry.

" TELL HER, TELL HER NOW YOU FUCKING SCUM"John shouted the command.

Henry looked into my eyes, and suddenly I felt sick to my stomach, whatever he was about to say was going to hurt.

" the day I approached you at the bar, I did it because my friends and I made a bet" he paused.

"no, no your lying, please don't tell me I fell for a lie" I said, my voice shaking, tears threatening to leave my eyes,vomit ready to leave my mouth.

"How long would it take to get a fuck out of the Shelby whore?" he said like my feelings meant nothing. "my guess is, I would have won tonight, if Mr lover boy didn't eavesdrop into our conversation, would have been bout time too" he smirked.

I felt every emotion hit me at once, disgust, betrayal, anger. My right hand made a sickening smack against his face, as I let the anger free. I saw red, a man had made me feel as small as a grain of rice. I couldn't stop hitting him, Tommy, Arthur and John tried pulling me of him.

"YOU FUCKING DISGUSTING LYING PIG, I TRUSTED YOU, I SWEAR I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, AND IT WON'T BE THEM YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT" I shouted pointing at the Shelby boys and Peaky Blinders. "IT WILL BE ME, DON'T FUCK WITH AMY LEE" my eyes dark with anger. "NOW GET OUT OF THIS PUB, BEFORE I SHOW YOU WHAT I'M REALLY CAPABLE OF"  I threatened.

Henry and his friends scurried out of the Garrison. The whole pub remained silent. Tears on the brim of my eyes, I was angry at the world, at Henry and most of all myself. How stupid was I to believe someone actually liked me for me.

"bottle of whiskey Harry" I ordered at the bar, everyones eyes on me. Harry placed the bottle on the bar, to which I picked up and chugged the liquor down.

I turned around and shouted "THIS IS MEANT TO BE A PARTY, SO LETS FUCKING ACT LIKE IT".

The party started again in full swing. I couldn't hear anything, I wanted to drown out evrything, the world, the pain, the embrassesment. The whiskey felt good, the way it slid down my throat, burning the pain away. My eyes blurring from the drink and my tears that sat in my eyes.

The room was spinning, and then everything went black.