Confessin'

A/N: So, it took way too long to update this once again. The good news is, I offer you in return a whole chapter of not beating around the bush, just straight Adrienette. This is a bit unlike my usual writing, as I am a huge fan of slow burns that take so long they make you want to smash your head in sometimes, but the focus of this story is not centered around them getting together, but rather them being a couple and getting into some shenanigans, to put it lightly. Also keep in mind that there were some decent time skips, and Marinette and Adrien do know each other very well, so It's not like this is hitting out of nowhere. There's going to be a bit of a shift in the story's dynamics after this, and I also will most likely be able to update a bit more since my video editing had to come to a halt. 

***

"I'm Confessin' that I love you,

Tell me do you love me too?

I'm Confessin' that I need you, honest I do

In your eyes I read such strange things

But your lips deny they are true

Will your answer really change things

Making me blue

I'm afraid someday you'll leave me

Saying can't we still be friends

If you go you'll grieve me

All in life on you depends."

WHERE WE LEFT OFF:

Chat Noir and Ladybug are staying at a motel, on the run since being charged with murder. Things took a big turn when they discovered one another's identities as the charms they made for one another as Marinette and Adrien were revealed. It seems now they may finally have to come to terms with the feelings they have silently harbored towards one another in their different forms. 

Meanwhile, Alya gets approval to follow the duo in order to get a good story for her article "The Lady" and prove it's worth keeping in the papers. 

Cincinnati, Ohio. November 1, 1930. 5:37 AM

"Mari," Adrien breathed, glued to his spot and unable to tear his eyes away from the ones across from him, bright blue and beginning to fill with moisture and emotion. 

Marinette had her gloved hand splayed over her mouth loosely, rendered utterly speechless.

It couldn't be. It couldn't be.

Her Adrien? Her sweet friend, who couldn't harm a fly? The boy she thought she left in Chicago, the one she had started to fall a little too much for?

Her eyes followed his hand as he reached up, slowly taking off his black mask to better reveal his features before laying his hat aside as well.

Her Adrien.

"Mari, I..." Adrien trailed, looking into her eyes desperately as if they would hold the words he was trying to find.

"But why?" Marinette finally whispered, barely audible behind her hand. 

"Huh?" Adrien questioned softly, as though he was worried speaking too loud would break the girl in front of him. 

"Why did you do this? What made you want to become a criminal? It seems so unlike you..." Marinette had begun to ramble, her emotions starting to wash over her in overwhelming waves. "What about your acting career? And your father, oh my god, what will he think? And what if-" 

"Hey, hey, Mari, it's okay," Adrien cut her off kindly, reaching forward and gently cupping her face, his thumb slowly tracing under her eye, wiping away the tears that had begun to slip out.  Very slowly, he moved his hands up a bit and gently removed the mask that framed her bright eyes, finding them beautiful regardless if they were full of tears, regardless if they had a mask surrounding them or not. "Come 'ere," He murmured, gathering her petite frame into his arms, the hand lightly resting behind her head encouraging her to press her face against his chest and find comfort in his embrace and the sound of his heartbeat. "Shhh..." He repeatedly hushed, sounding similar to one trying to put a baby to sleep as he rubbed soothing circles into her back, trying to ease the soft hiccupping that her crying brought up. "It's okay, I promise. Everything is going to be okay. I've got you." He pressed his face into the crown of her head, trying to ease his emotions back down himself. 

There was a moment of silence before Marinette gave a quiet response that Adrien almost didn't catch, but was glad he did. 

"We've got each other."

Adrien felt his heart swell, and he held Marinette a little tighter."I'm so glad it was you, Mari. So, so glad." 

At his words, Marinette slowly pulled her head back just enough to take in her friend's entire face, and this time it was her hands that raised to cup his jaw. 

Whether he was wearing a mask or not, those green eyes that she came to love were the same. 

These were the eyes she came to know so well in both halves of her double life, and she had become so used to them that they now felt like a safe haven. These were eyes she looked into in so many different situations, from sharing a pastry on the steps of the bakery and giggling about silly things, to running for their lives, scared out of their wits.  

These were the eyes of a man she could trust, a man she could be happy around, a man she could be happy with, a man she could love. 

And just maybe she has for a while. 

Things weren't so different on Adrien's side- he was staring into bluebell eyes and wondering just why it took him so long to realize he loved Marinette. 

The girl in question looked at him with a confused face as he gently removed the hands cupping his jaw, but the look slowly morphed into one of surprise when instead, he cupped hers once again. 

Now just imagine how shocked she was when he surged forward and connected their lips. 

Although it took her a moment to cut through her surprise and register the fact that yes, Adrien Agreste is kissing you, she reciprocated quite quickly, finally able to express the feelings that felt ready to burst out but couldn't be expressed in words (because, let's be honest, Mari isn't always so great with those, specifically when it comes to Adrien). 

She just hoped Adrien was able to translate these feelings through the passion she put into the kiss.

The kiss certainly wasn't anything wild- it was slow and with meaning, as they both wanted to savor the moment as much as possible. The young couple's hearts felt full; it just felt so right, as if they were able to find a piece of their soul, a piece that they didn't realize just how badly it was needed until now. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a stretch to say that the two were soulmates. After all, finding out the two most important people in your life are one in the same sounds like one hell of a coincidence, if you ask me. 

When they finally had to part to truly catch their breaths, they rested their foreheads against one another, noses nuzzled together. 

Marinette was right- they did have each other, and this revelation of their feelings towards one another would only strengthen their bond. And that bond is much needed, too, because when you're living a life like theirs, always on the run, who else do you have but each other? 

And so there they were, two young adults against the world. 

The rest of the day was spent finding comfort in one another's embrace, pushing away the harsh reality that loomed outside their motel door, if only for a while. 

***

(I'm sorry this chapter is so short >_<)