Chapter 18: Unpack and going out

Room 303 is a condo with two bedrooms, a living,and a bathroom. Peter's bedroom is the one on the left.

Peter opens the bedroom door by twisting the doorknob. It is not locked because no one is using it. There isn't much in the room. There is a full bed with mattress but no sheet, a nightstand next to the bed, a desk, a chair, a bookshelf, a wardrobe, a dresser with drawers, a coat hanger by the door, and a mirror by the wardrobe.

Peter put his backpack on the chair and hustler bag on the desk and starts to unpack.

Peter manage to fir all of his textbooks, the books he took from home, and school supplies on the bookshelf. He either hang his cloth up in the wardrobe or fold them and put in the dresser's middle drawer. He put his hygiene products and towel either on top of the dresser or in the dresser's top drawer. The sheets and pillowcase Peter brought with him from home all have a blue theme. The sheet he just put on the bed is light blue, the pillowcase match the sheets. The blanket Peter took out is off-white and made out of wool, but it is thin because it is not cold yet. Peter put his other sheets, blanket, and an extra pillow in the bottom dresser drawer.

Lastly, Peter set one of his glass pens on the ink bottle and put the ink bottle on the desk, He also put his army of glass sand timers all over the room as decoration. All of Peter's glass products are made by the dwarf craftsmen that live in Asgard and given to him by his family in Asgard. Peter has seven sand timers, one for one minute, one for three minutes, one for five minutes, one for ten minutes, one for a half-hour, one for one hour, one for two hours. There is still some stuff Peter has to figure out where to put them. For now, they have to stay in the hustler bag on the coat hanger.

Author's note: this is what the glass pen and ink bottle look like.

After Peter is done unpacking, he sits on his bed and read the student handbook Connor gave him

After Peter is done unpacking, he sits on his bed and read the student handbook Connor gave him. The school rule of Shield is looser than Peter is used to. There isn't even a section on the dress code.

Peter finishes reading in half-hour. Then he decides to go on walk-in midtown since he is allowed to leave campuses.

*******

Right now, Peter is out on the street of midtown with his map and backpack.

Peter decides to visit the bookshop recommended by Stan first. The bookshop is own by a man in white call Aziraphale. The bookshop itself has a nice aesthetic, and the owner is a really nice person. Peter brought a book on phytology because it had a hand-drawn picture of all the plant it talks about.

Seeing the book Peter picked out, Aziraphale told Peter his friend runs a plant shop not far from this book shop. After learning Peter is a Shield student that is new in town, Aziraphale also told Peter a few places Peter can check out if he needs anything.

After saying goodbye to Aziraphale, Peter decides to head to the bakery Aziraphale told him that he also sells sweets. According to Aziraphale, he should try their sour cream doughnut. Peter got one to try first, then he decides to get three more to take back. The doughnut is made with whole-wheat flour and flavored with brown sugar. For the same reason as flour, refined white sugar is five-time the price of brown sugar. The three doughnuts are wrapped in a large piece of treated leaf, and Peter puts them in his backpack.

Author's note: In my homeland, back in the old days, food sometimes is wrapped in lotus leaf and sold to people.

Peter then heads to the plant shop Aziraphale told him about. An owner is a man in black with ginger hair, Aziraphale told Peter his name is Crowley.

When Peter enters the shop, a pot of Viola tricolor caught his attention. Normally Viola tricolor comes in one or two colors. But this pot's petal has three colors, purple, white, and yellow, just like the kind grandma Frigga has in her garden. Therefore, Peter brought it.

Author's note: this is a picture of the flower. And it's Latin name in our world is Viola tricolor

      Because he can not put the plant in his backpack and he did not bring his hustle bag with him, Pete decides to go back to Shield while carrying the flower pot in his hand

When Peter got back to his dorm room, Harry is already back. Peter holds the flour with one hand and waved at Harry, "Hello, Mr. Osborn."

Harry on the sofa looks up and waves back at Peter, "Hello Peter, and call me Harry."

"Okay, Harry." Peter answers while walk into his room and close the door behind him.

Peter puts the plant on his desk and his backpack on his chair. He then takes out the new book he got and thrown himself on his bed and starts reading the book lying on his stomach.

Peter kind of lost track of time while reading. He hears someone knock on his door. Peter sits up before he says "Come in."

Harry opens the door and comes in, he asks "Peter do you want to go get supper together?"

"Supper? "Peter frowns, "what time is it."

"About Seven," Harry replies.

"Okay, let go, thank you for inviting me."

Author's note: This is a picture of Aziraphale and Crowley:

And why does Peter have seven sand timer:

Peter had a three-minute sand timer that Strange got him for brewing tea. One time when Thor was at their house, he dropped it on the floor while playing with it. Peter was not that mad at Thor, he felt sad and thought it was kind of a shame since his dad just got it for him. But Thor picked up Peter's negative emotion over the matter and felt really bad about it. Therefore for the next seven-week, Thor gave Peter a sand timer as a present for seven-week straight, until Loki and Peter had to talk to him about it.