1.01 Pilot

(Y/H/C)= Your hair color

(Y/E/C)= Your eye color

(Y/N)= Your name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The sound of shattering glass broke the peaceful quiet of the night.

     The (Y/H/C) haired girl's heels clicked on the drive as she approached the long standing boarding house.

     "I was impressed. I give it a six. Missing style, but I was pleasantly surprised. Very good with the whole face...argh...thing. It was good."

     She perked up at the familiar voice and quickened her pace.

    "You know, it's all fun and games, Damon, huh? But wherever you go, people die." A second voice pierced the night.

     "That's a given." Damon retorted.

     Finally the arguing brothers came into view. The (Y/H/C) set her luggage in each hand impatiently at her feet and crossed her arms irritably over her blood red shirt. "You two have argued over this petty feud for forever!" She snapped, her (Y/E/C) eyes twinkling without amusement. "Can't you two drop it?"

     Damon's face twisted into a smirk. The raven haired, oldest Salvatore slung his arm around the girl. "Baby sister! Now it's a family reunion."

     The youngest Salvatore shrugged his arm away to avoid him wrinkling her jean jacket. "I'm not a child, Damon." She huffed. "You can use my name."

     "Hey, (Y/N)." Stefan offered her the barest hint of a smile still upset at Damon's appearance. He turned to Damon, "You can't keep killing people, not here. I won't allow it."

     "Stefan has a point." (Y/N) hummed.

     "I take that as an invitation." Damon replied.

     "Damon, please. After all these years, can't we just give it a rest?" Stefan begged.

     "I promised you an eternity of misery, so I'm just keeping my word." Damon said easily.

     "Just stay away from Elena." Stefan threatened.

     "Who's Elena?" (Y/N) grinned at the thought of Stefan finding a new love.

     "Where's your ring?" Damon asked instead. "Oh, yeah, sun's coming up in a couple of hours, and, poof, ashes to ashes."

     Stefan tensed up and (Y/N) instinctively checked to see if hers was still where it should be on her right index finger. 

     "Relax. It's right here." Damon said approaching his brother holding the ring out to him on his palm.

    Stefan hesitantly stepped forwards and took the ring from Damon putting it back on his finger in it's rightful place.

     Quick as lightning, Damon's face transformed, his teeth growing into their fangs. He grabbed Stefan by his throat and effortlessly threw him into the garage.

     "Stefan!" (Y/N) shouted racing at her supernatural speed to her brother. She kneeled next to him ensuring that he wasn't hurt in any way.

     "You should know better than to think you're stronger than me. You lost that fight when you stopped feeding on people. I wouldn't try it again." Damon said staring down at his younger siblings.

     A door opened somewhere in the house.

     "I think we woke Zach up." Damon said carelessly. "Sorry, Zach!" He called walking towards the house whistling.

     (Y/N) helped Stefan up after Damon had left.

     "Welcome home, (Y/N)" Stefan told her, grabbing her luggage.

     "It's good to be home." (Y/N) beamed up at her brother as they walked to the house.

     Stefan opened the door for her where another figure was waiting in the hall.

    "Hi Zach." (Y/N) smiled happily giving her distant relative a hug.

     Zach returned the embrace. "Good to see you again, (Y/N)"

     "You too." (Y/N) answered pulling away. Unlike her brothers she made sure to stay connected to her relatives in Mystic Falls. So she had watched Zach grow from when he was a baby. "I'm going to get settled in." She said, taking her luggage from Stefan she padded upstairs to her old room. 

     (Y/N) nudged open the door to her room and set her luggage at the foot of her bed. Silently she trailed her hand down the red curtains around her bed. Determinedly she took off her jacket, her black boots, and her ruby necklace. She always had a soft spot for it. It looked, ironically, like a drop of blood. Normally after a long journey she would change into something more comfortable but her black jeans were well worn and she didn't feel the need.

     She hadn't been home for years. Now that she was and had her brothers with her she wondered what adventures would befall her new life in Mystic Falls. There was never a dull moment for the Salvatore siblings.