1.04 Family Ties

(Y/N)= Your name

(Y/H/C)= Your hair color

(Y/E/C)= Your eye color

(Y/N/N)= Your nickname

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     (Y/N) woke that morning to the sound of her brother gasping. In a flash she was in Stefan's room.

     Stefan sat up straight in his bed catching his breath while Damon sat at his desk.

     "Bad dream?" Damon asked in a careless voice playing with a chess set on the desk. "Do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference. Too soon."

     (Y/N) strode across the room and moved a white piece to immediately capture Damon's king. She looked down at her older brother with a smirk.

     Stefan sped out of bed and (Y/N) sidestepped the knife that he threw into Damon's stomach.

     Damon gave his younger siblings an annoyed look before standing up and pulling the knife out. "Alright, I deserved that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people."

     "What are you talking about?" Stefan demanded.

     "It was a mountain lion." Damon answered. "Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. 'Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls.'"

     "Why would you cover your tracks?" Stefan asked.

     "Stefan's right." (Y/N) said with a fake concerned face. Her (Y/H/C) hair was still a mess from sleeping. "Are you feeling okay?"

     Damon shot her a glare. "I've decided to stay a while. And I'm just having way too much fun here with you two and Elena."

     "Can't touch her now." Stefan smirked.

     "Well, the vervain keeps me out of her head. Maybe that's not my target. Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift."

     "Question." (Y/N) said raising her hand as if they were back in class. The white sleeve of her NEW YORK never sleeps 1993 pajamas fell down her wrist."What good looks, what style, and what charm?" She grinned listing the traits on her fingers.

     Damon smirked staring straight into his little sister's (Y/E/C) eyes before stabbing Stefan in the stomach with the knife.

     (Y/N) cried in surprise and rushed to Stefan's side.

     Stefan groaned in pain and fell to his knees in pain.

     Damon looked down at the hole in his shirt. "This is John Varvatos, dude. Dick move." He stated before leaving.