Deep Sleep

“I'm afraid your daughter, Sakura, is in coma due to her critical state, we do not know if she'll ever wake up, but there's a high possibility that she won't"

Those painful words rang into the Lim Family's head, causing them to feel pain, guilt, and regret. They could now feel a certain heavy object inside their chest, hurting them more.

“Doc! Do what you must for our daughter to wake up!" Mrs. Lim pleaded as tears escaped from her blue orbs. Sadness was conquering her body, nearly controlling her.

“My daughter..." Mr. Lim cried as the guilt in his heart was slowly devouring him, They should not have been to harsh on her. Tears increasing continuously as Kenji (Sakura's older brother) gripped Sakura's hand gently, pleading for her to wake up.

“Sister...please wake up from your slumber...fight it please..." Kenji pleaded.

“I'm sorry ,but we did our best. For now all you can do for your daughter is pray and hope for the best that she will wake up"

Kenji gripped her sister's hand even more as he accidentally rolled his sister's sleeve, Kenji's eyes widened as he saw...

cuts...

and bruises....

“Mom! Look!"

Mrs. Lim turned, but as she laid her eyes on Sakura's arms, tears started to increase even more. Mr. Lim also saw this which made all of them feel even more guilty.

“Yes, we also some cuts while we were checking her injuries, and we believe that those cuts didn't come from the accident, So we thought that she was maybe cutting and hurting herself due to her mental state or problems."

Hearing these words made them realize that their daughter might been dealing with high function depression.

  “S-she has b-been cutting herself?..." 

Some cuts from Sakura's arms were still opened and fresh. So it was true that she has been hurting herself

but why?...

“I'll leave you guys be"

The doctor left the room in awkward silence. Mrs. Lim's legs were weakened as she dropped to the floor.

“This is all out fault..."