14 | beast and jax

A N A S T A S I A14 | beast and jax

A N A S T A S I A
14 | beast and jax

I COULDN'T SLEEP at all.

For hours since we got back from the tracks, I've just been laying on the couch in my room while Kai sleeps soundly on the bed.

I do trust my gang enough to let Kai sleep in a room next to me alone, so that I could sleep in my own bed, but after everything that happened tonight...

I feel safer with him near me so that I can keep an eye on him.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Rueben. All I can hope for is that he doesn't find out about Kai.

Although, Rueben knows my true first and last name which is Anastasia Martinez, I don't think he knows the name I actually go by.

The name that may be the only thing keeping my family a secret from him even if it's only for a little while longer...

Reaching over onto the side table next to the couch, I take my phone off of the charger and look at the time.

Damn, it's already 5 am and I haven't had an ounce of sleep.

Deciding that it probably won't matter if I go to bed now since I'd just wake up in a couple hours anyway, I stand up from the couch and stretch my muscles.

My body aches from the fight I had with Rueben a few hours ago, so it's probably best if I take a really cold bath to help soothe my muscles.

After making sure my bedroom door was locked, I make my way to the connecting bathroom and begin filling up the tub with water as cold as it can be.

As I begin taking off my shirt I hiss in pain, "Fuck."

Turning to the mirror, I glance at the side of my abdomen and see a huge bruise now lays there.

While trying to avoid a lot of pressure where the bruise is, I squat down and open the cabinet under the sink to grab some epsom salt before pouring some into the bath.