chapter 13

Some changes

It was time I learned to age. I felt like everything was changing around me, people were maturing and relationships seemed to be forming. I couldn't stop thinking about what Hasimoto said.

I was good enough.

But why didn't I feel good enough? Was it because he was only a friend? Because I didn't really believe him? But hearing someone said it felt like a huge relief lifting from my chest. Why aren't I changing?

I feel stupid. I told a superhero I didn't want to be around him anymore - not just any superhero - my idol! My dream! My obesession!

Obesession? It felt weird to say even if it was just in my head. He's not some fictional character. He's real. He's a person.

Ugh- no! I stopped before anything could happen because I like Toshinori! He's so kind, sweet and makes my heart melt. I feel so safe around him like his aura just frees me from my worries.

What was I some kind of School girl? I barely knew him! But everything seems so right with him!

Slapping my cheeks I let out a huff. Pushing myself off my counter before shuffling over to my sofa; despite to just sit down and clear my mind.

My brain was trying to wrap around this strange mood. I woke up staring at the ceiling; the whole room seemed different. Out of reality.

Was something wrong with me?

My fingers brushed along my phone. I could call him- No!

Retracting my hand I leaned as far as I could away from my phone. Resisting to the urge to call Toshi for advice.

No matter my feelings I shouldn't just dump my silly problems on him. I'm just old. I'm old and tired.

A ding from my phone caught my attention. I snapped up and darted over, taking it in my hands and stared at the message. It was from the fan site.

All might 101: anyone on?

Hasimoto should know what to do. He's a chill guy and if the others are others are on then they can help me two!

- I AM HERE HAS ENTERED THE CHAT

- MASTER FANGIRL HAS ENTERED THE CHAT

All might 101: it's seems to be just us adults today ;) whassup dudes

Master Fangirl: must you send that winky face? Nothing bad will be discussed but I am doing fine, what about the rest of you?

All might 101: I'm great! Still pumped from meeting (L/N)! Work has still been a hassle

Master Fangirl: and (L/N)? we know you're on

I AM HERE: I think I'm having a crisis

All might 101: been there - what's bothering you?

I AM HERE: I've outgrown my... interests in all might...

Master Fangirl: that's all? We all fall out of interests, unless you're turning to crime

I AM HERE: I think I'm getting too old...

Master Fangirl: we're both in our twenties besides Toichi is in his thirties and still obesses over superheros

I AM HERE: I just don't understand! I still love them and still think they're the coolest thing on earth but all might isn't hitting the same, sure he's still handsome but I feel weird crushing on him?

All might 101: I mean you did mention liking a guy, maybe that's why? But I don't blame you I definitely would be a better husband than him

- all might 101 sent a love sticker -

I AM HERE: i feel like I've objectived him...

I AM HERE: been too obessed? My whole room is dedicated to him! Isn't that abit ....idk weird...?

All might 101: when you say it like that then a little

Master Fangirl: didn't you meet him twice? You told us about how he stayed with you after that villain incident, perhaps, I'm not sure how to exactly phrase this, humnazied him to you? You saw him as more than just a hero to idol over?

"That makes so much sense!"

I hugged my phone, relief washing over me. Thank you Shimuzu!

With a new found determination I could feel energy bubble up inside. I marched all the way up to my bedroom, slamming open the door making a few plants cry out in protest which I immediately cowered as I apologized.

Pulling down many of the excessive amounts of posters and photos I had; keeping limited editions and signed ones up.  Moving figures to higher shelves and arranging the small amount of decor I had.

Pulling out boxes from under my bed I stuffed the many posters and stuffed toys into them. My eyes fell on the body pillow, biting my lip.

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I couldn't decide what to do with it. Sucking in a deep breath I grabbed it ready to put it away before deflating.

The closest will have to do.

After packing most of my stuff away I moved them out of my room, pulling my phone out of my pocket and took a picture of how it looked now.

Wow, I need to go shopping. With the lack of merchandise my room felt so empty.

I sent the picture to Toshi aswell as asking how his day is before putting it away.

I think I'm liking this new change. I feel like I'm really going to have some improvements with this, just small steps for now but soon enough I'll be able to make everyone proud. Be proud of myself.