01 Eleanor

"Eleanor, invite kita mamaya."

I raised an eyebrow at her. I knew her face but not her name. I was an irregular student so being friends with them was useless. I was friendly but not to their... kind.

"Saan?" tanong ko atsaka ibinalik ang mga mata ko sa cellphone na hawak ko. My devil of a brother texted me.

Muli ko s'yang tinignan dahil hindi s'ya sumagot agad.

"Sa bahay ko." nakangiting sagot n'ya. I squinted and took my time to look at her from head to toe. The smile on her face didn't falter. She looked nice.

"You're throwing a house party?" taas-kilay ko muling tanong dahil s'ya 'yung tipo ng estudyante na hindi umiinom ng alak at nagpa-party. She was pretty but she looked too innocent.

"Uhm," she pursed her lips and looked up like she was thinking. "You can say that." malumanay n'yang tugon at muli akong nginitian.

Her face was starting to piss me off.

"I'm not sure."

"Please? I'm gonna text you the time and address."

I rolled my eyes at her. I thought she'd fuck off but I even heard her chuckle beside me. She was indeed a nice girl and I hated them. They were a bunch of fakes.

Ibinulsa ko ang cellphone ko nang muli itong mag-vibrate. Alam ko na kung anong kailangan ni kuya Eleazar.

"Sige, Eleanor. Ingat ka, ah? I'll be expecting you. I'm Tatiana if you're wondering."

I just waved my hand to dismiss her. Umalis naman na s'ya agad. I noticed that I was left alone in the classroom with Miles. Isinuklay ko ang mga daliri sa buhok ko. Kinuha ko ang maliit na salamin sa pouch na nakapatong sa desk para tignan ang repleksyon ko doon.

I pursed my plump lips. Sunod kong hinanap ang lipstick ko at mabilis na nilagyan ng kulay ang aking labi.

"Eleanor," mahinang tawag sa akin ni Miles na ramdam kong nakatayo sa likod ng upuan ko. I tilted my mirror and looked at his reflection. Sa lahat ng mga lalaki sa La Brion, bakit ba na-tiempohan ko 'to? Hindi ko naman kasi alam na kaklase ko s'ya sa isang subject ko. Actually, if it wasn't for the roll call at the beginning of the class, I wouldn't remember his name.

"Hmm?" tugon ko. I still looked pretty even after the total of seven-hour classes today. We had a surprise quiz a while ago but I knew I'd pass it. I always do. My grades were always above average. I didn't exactly like school but I guess I was lucky with my genes. My brain tend to pick up the important information during classes.

Si Miles lang talaga ang hindi ko nagawang tandaan. Tulad nang sinabi ko, importanteng bagay lang ang nalalakap ng utak ko.

He wasn't.

He was just any other guy I've made out with.

"Do you wanna hang-out later?"

"No." mabilis kong sagot.

He wasn't confident. He wasn't also the type of guy I'd actually date or even kiss. He was too ordinary for my liking. Sadyang kailangan ko lang ng diversion kagabi kaya s'ya 'yung nahila ko.

"Uhm, k--"

"Look," I stopped him. I neatly put my pouch inside my designer bag and carefully wore it. Hinarap ko s'ya. He bit his lower lip and looked down.

Oh, poor boy.

"Miles, you look like a great guy. Really. But we both know it's impossible for me to like you. I just kissed you last night, goodness. It's not like we fu--"