Chapter 3: Bet

The weekend is over, so it's time to go back to school. The news was talking about the mysterious woman who defeated the villain with just her boot. Since you didn't like attention, especially because people wanted to be friends with you, not because you're you, you changed your fashion style. You let down your hair, wore contacts, turtleneck sweater, a long coat, boot-cropped pant and ankle boots.

You and your friend decided to hang out at the school park near the pond. Your friend was drawing the scenery since she's an art student. You decided to sleep in a hammock since you stayed up to finish coding last night.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty."

You opened your eyes slowly as you were adjusting your vision. A blond man was standing next to you.

"Who are you?"

His smile disappeared.

"Toyomitsu Taishiro."

"And what do you want from me?" You said it as if you don't know him after you remembered how he teased you when he sent you home last time.

"Fat Gum."

You turned to your friend who was obviously having a small crush on this guy. Your friend handed you your bag. You reached for your wallet and showed him how empty it is.

"I don't have money for you to buy gum."

He became annoyed and kneeled down. Your friend was squealing at that proposal pose. You put your foot on his knee and got down from the hammock. You turned to your friend.

"Isn't time for you to go to class?"

"Oh yeah... I'll leave you two alone then." She giggled as she waved goodbye.

"Do you really not remember me?" His low voice caught your attention.

"I have no reason to be involved with a hero." You answered coldly since you have to dress differently which is a pain.

He got closer to you and slipped his business card into your bag.

"If you need help, call me."

He bowed and walked away from the no-quirk zone. He turned back into his fluffy form. The girls in the park, who were having crushes on him, became disappointed.

Time passed and you were inside your music class. The professor was announcing an opportunity for extra credit.

"Class, on this upcoming Saturday, the music department is holding a banquet. Whoever comes to the banquet needs to perform a song and I'll give extra credit."

You weren't that interested in the extra credit since you already have an A so you didn't care. You packed up and left the class earlier than the other students. Since it's a hall lecture, nobody cares whether you were attending the lecture or not. You headed to your club room. It's a rock band.

"Y/n? You're early today." The guitarist said.

"Yeah, the professor was just talking about the banquet this upcoming Saturday."

The rest of the members busted down the door.

"Y/n! Who is that man?" The drummer said.

"Which one are you talking about?" You tried to bluff it off.

"Oh my god! She has multiple men at the palm of her hand." The pianist said.

"Oh come on, y/n isn't that kind of girl, right?" The guitarist said.

"Are you sure? Cuz you don't know what quiet people are thinking."

They all became convinced as you sighed in disappointment.

"Who wanna bet that Fat Gum will come to the themed banquet as y/n's partner?"

"If you know him, why would you -" They cut you off.

"Bet!" The three of them said it in unison.

You sighed, "Y'all better give the money when it's done."