Betrayed ~ 11

The boy stood facing the main door. Some new guys came in but he ignored them. He didn't care. Every now and then Quinn would walk in and try to explain to him of how he attacked someone and tried to bite them. He couldn't remember. All he remembered was the craving for the blood. The way he could see everything. He was starving. And he wanted to eat. But Quinn explained what he was doing was bad. So he decided to try to escape. Maybe then hed get food. So with a great sigh he pushed the button to open the electric door. And it opened. He was shocked to see the sun. There was people around. They looked sick. He needed to help them. He called out to them. And slowly they followed him inside. One by one. I mean after all they were sick people who needed help. And he felt compelled to help. Like he was their leader. And he didn't mind. These sick people, he cared about. Nothing more, nothing less. And he was going to help them. Maybe for the worst ways possible.

~~~

How could us wanting to go to some safe zone end up in some crazy guys basement? No idea. The girl came down a couple more times. She started talking to Dwayne alot. I didnt care. Why should I? Both ways if they end up getting close he might be able to bust us outta here. But nope. We were stuck. For how long I dont know. I saw the sunset atleast three times. We needed to get to the safe zone. "Hey I remember I saw the news once." Dwayne broke the silence. "Oh yeah?" I asked. Knowing I did aswell. Whatever he had to say I probably already knew it. "Its man made." That I didn't know. I turned to look at him. "What?" My voice cracked as I spat the word out. Someone did this to us. Someone put us through this. "I saw a news report. I think her name was Doctor Quinn. She runs the safe zone." I nodded. "You think it's a ligit thing? Or are we just going to die." I shook my head. "If we dont die and show up, it best be a ligit thing." He smirked back. I opened my mouth to say something when the old cracked to shit door flung open, a silhouette stood in the frame. Light flooded onto the room, and shadows grew from the hallway. The light licking around the silhouettes body. I saw the sunset a few minutes ago. How is there light. Then I saw the smoke. Billowing out from another room, flooding towards us. I saw flames lick around the corridor and the silhouette panicked and ran towards Dwayne, untied him and sprinted out of the room. Leaving me. I watched with horror as Dwayne stared at me. Then the door. It felt like hours had passed as he stared at the door. He looked back to me. His face held no emotion. I watched, frozen in shock as he turned and ran. Leaving me to die. I screamed out his name, begging him to come back. I felt my world collapse around me. He just left. Left me to die. I tried to untie my hands but I couldn't reach my blade. I gave up. I sat in the chair, the ropes felt like they were tightening, being the reason I was about to die. The smoke filled the room as I tried to call out, but nothing but a cough came out. I felt darkness collapse around me. Bit I couldn't give up just yet. I closed my mouth, willing desperately for this nightmare to end. The room got brighter and the flames crawled around the walls of the room. I felt my hands grow hot. That's when I realized the there was flames behind me. I tried to lower my hands as best I could. Then i heard a singe. Like something burning. I moved my hands and the rope flew off. The fire burnt it. I started laughing as smoke suddenly filled my lungs. Then it turned to horrendous coughing. I got up and sprinted out of the room. I walked down the hallway and there was a door. I reached down to grab the handle but it felt like my hand just got burnt. I took a step back and kicked it. I felt a jolt of pain fly through my body as the door fell with a thud. Inside the flames were taunting. As if baiting me towards my death. I saw an open window cowaring in the corner. The front door wasnt an option. The flames grew huge over there. Guarding the door. I knew it was my best bet. I started towards the window. My will to survive this grew smaller as the flames began to race towards the window. I ran. I felt the flames against my knees but I didn't care. Surviving with my life was much too Important. I grabbed hold of the window ledge and threw myself out. I landed on the grass. Staring at the night sky. Taking a huge breath of fresh air as I felt myself fall out of consciousness.

~~~

So here we are. Walking through the woods. In the dead of night. Liz stopped walking and grabbed my arm. I looked at her and she looked close to tears. "What's up?" I asked her. Marina turned to look at us. "Smoke." Her voice cracked and broke. Maybe because she hadn't spoken for a couple days. "What?" Marina asked her. Liz looked down. And I searched the sky before I saw it. Billowing smoke was flooding from somewhere behind the tree line. I pointed towards it. I looked at Marina and Liz, as we sprinted towards the smoke.

A house. On a hill. We watched as the building collapsed in on itself. There was people outside. Then I heard Dwaynes voice. "I just left her. Shes still Inside!" Was he talking about Payton? Before I could say anything, Liz whizzed past me into her brothers arms. He was shocked at first then he realised it was us. And he couldn't hide his happiness. "Is Payton here?" I was way more worried about her. He rubbed the back of his neck. And looked at the ground. "She um, didn't make it." I froze. "What?" I spat. "I- she sacrifi-" But he was cut as a lady with a shotgun stood over me. And spat back. "He left her. He left her the die. So he could live." I could feel all worry flee my veins as I looked at him. Not noticing Marinas disappearance. "This true?" I asked. Trying to keep the venom out of my words. "Yeah.." He mumbled after a moments hesitation. I didn't think. I just shoved him against a wall and before I knew it my fist had collided with his fucked up lips. I couldn't help it. I kept punching him. Feeling angry. How dare he. I didnt notice I was being grabbed off him until I heard a scream. "Marina!" I yelled taking off on that direction.

She was trying to kick a Walker which grabbed her foot. Clinging to her for death life. I didn't see its face. But I couldn't help but notice it didn't try to eat her. Maybe its vegan.

~~~

I felt myself clinging onto a log. No, then the log kicked me in the face. Logs don't kick people. I sat bold upright. Seeing similar faces. I stumbled to my feet as Miley and I locked eyes. I froze. I honestly couldn't explain how i felt. Miley looked me up and down.

"You look like shit." She observed.

"Oh really, I thought I actually looked very badass climbing out of a burning building." I mumbled back.

"You didn't look so badass when you got kicked in the head." She sassed back. I laughed slightly, wincing slightly as I felt a really bad pain in my side.

"Good to see you too Miles." I smirked. Instead of her sarcasm I was suprised as she ran towards me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her body and I clung on to her. Feeling nothing but actual happiness. That was until i saw Dwayne. I wanted to put a bullet through his brain. Looking back now, I should have. It would have saved alot of people.